Bionic Commando Rearmed 2: Make Something "Radd" Remix Contest

mikeeb13

Hey OCR crew 8-)

orclogo.PNG

New to the boards here, but a long time fan of everything the community has done over the years. My name's Mike and I'm the product manager for one of Capcom's upcoming titles, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. The BCR series is all about taking a classic idea and overhauling it for a modern audience. On top of the HD visuals the other aspect of the game that really stands out is the remixed music. Here's a quick clip from the original BCR if you're not familiar with the title:

[bCR Sample]

Now that BCR2 is in production we wanted to give you guys a chance to show us what you can do! We're currently running a contest to remix a base 8-bit track crafted by the dev team. Here's the track in MP3, a WAV version can be found on our site at http://bioniccommando.com/rearmed2

[Contest Track]

Winning remix will be featured IN-GAME in one of BCR2's special challenge rooms. Grand Prize Winner and 4 runner ups will also receive a download code for a copy of the game (on your platform of choice) when BCR2 is released in early 2011. We're making a cap at 3 entries per person, and feel free to post your stuff here obv, but so we can keep things organized all entries must be submitted on our Capcom-Unity site as a message to member "bcr2remix". If you've got questions or issues with using the site please let me know. For the complete lo-down on rules/terms please

[Complete Rules]

Thanks for the look and best of luck, I'm hype to see what you guys can do. As always if you've got questions just post here or shoot me a message.

Go forth and rock!

~mike

481e62045e4c3d585e2564d08afe5e53.gif

EDIT: U.S. Residents only.

Apologies for anyone from abroad wanting to enter. Though if you send it, it wouldn't be used for the contest, you never know who'd listen to it, so it may not be a lost cause to send in something anyway. - Larry

FYI guys, Capcom asked us to let you know about this contest, which has an August 11th deadline. Sorry for the short notice, but we want to make sure you still know about it and get your entry in!

http://www.bioniccommando.com/rearmed2/

You may think you're a BCR fan, but here's your chance to really get into the game! Remix this exclusive 8-bit track, crafted the creators of the BCR soundtracks, and enter for a chance to get your remix into Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. One Grand Prize winner will have their remixed track featured in game in one of BCR2's special challenge rooms.

1. Download the base track HERE

* MP3: http://static.capcom.com/bioniccommando_rearmed/files/papagayan_anthem.mp3

* WAV: http://static.capcom.com/bioniccommando_rearmed/files/papagayan_anthem.wav

2. Remix!

3. Log onto Capcom-Unity.com and send a link to your remix to member "bcr2remix". Limit 3 submissions per person.

4. Check Capcom-Unity and BionicCommando.com/rearmed2 for updates and news!

5. Deadline for remix submissions is 11:59 PM August 11th, 2010. We will contact the winner via Capcom-Unity. Please be prepared to send a high quality .WAV file if you're selected as the winner.

Complete contest rules

http://bioniccommando.com/rearmed2/rules.html

Ah, there was a topic started for that contest a few weeks ago. Which reminds me:

3.Can you enter?

You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements:

You are a legal resident of the 50 Unites States.

i.e. if you're from anywhere else in the world, you can still send your mix and wait for the roflcopter. ;)

Funny thing considering Simon Viklund is from Sweden in the first place.

Though with all the talented folks here, I sure hope some will participate. After all, if OCR can't do it, who can? :D

Good luck to anyone entering this compo.

I kind'a wanna submit something anyway. Despite probably being disqualified from the start.

Could important rules like that be included in the ocr emails and announcement posts? We're international enough for it to be an issue for ppl. "Hey, awesome, a capcom remix compet... oh. Crap."

Yeah, it's kinda sad to see that. I'd like to submit something too but don't know if it'll be okay.

yeah :whatevaa: I fought long and hard to open this up worldwide, but for the time being legally we can only have the winners be from the states. I'm working on having our sister site in Europe open the same contest so we can get some exposure over there, but it's still in the works.

Curious, where are you guys from? Would have loved to hear what you can do!

thanks for pointing me to that thread. Even if people from out of the states can't legally win this one, I'm gonna use this as proof that WE NEED to be able to have worldwide submissions. The US is only a tiny portion of the community.

Hahaha what the hell. If you are a US citizen. Wow.. I must say, the world is working as one and trying to unite. My ass xD

Well, I guess they are trying to avoid 10000000 submissions. Makes sense, but still funny/silly.

"Capcom" here

lol, NOT AT ALL! If we could get 11ty billion submissions I'd listen to every single one, probably a number of times because I wish I could be half as talented as you guys ;) The issue is legality/rights, and believe me I fought for opening this up worldwide. I'm trying to get our sister "Euro" site to host the same contest so we can at least take some submissions from across the pond. It's still in the works though, but I'll keep you guys updated.

I wonder what legal issues could come from a ReMix submission with no real earning attached?
someone from country X winning the contest, signing full rights to the song over to us, then having some weird law/right in their country which gives them legal power to bend us over backwards after the fact :???:

someone from country X winning the contest, signing full rights to the song over to us, then having some weird law/right in their country which gives them legal power to bend us over backwards after the fact :???:

From that point of view, that makes sense indeed.

"Capcom" here

lol, NOT AT ALL! If we could get 11ty billion submissions I'd listen to every single one, probably a number of times because I wish I could be half as talented as you guys ;) The issue is legality/rights, and believe me I fought for opening this up worldwide. I'm trying to get our sister "Euro" site to host the same contest so we can at least take some submissions from across the pond. It's still in the works though, but I'll keep you guys updated.

Dunno what are the chances of this europe compo really happening, but I sure hope it will, so that artists like AnSo, Willrock, Gecko Yamori and Rozo (to cite a few from europe) can enter and represent too.

Also, it's always great to see official people from games company caring enough to respond to fans and try to get the ball rolling. ;)

"Capcom" here

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, or perhaps your employer, for the recent retro trend we've seen in your product line-up. I wasn't as huge a fan of Mega Man 9 (which I only played on the Wii for a few minutes) or BCR (which I got on Steam a few weeks ago) as I think most people were, but I think what you're doing is really cool and I'm happy to hear you're working on BCR2! :smile:

I would also like to ask Rozovian to stop misspelling "kinda". It makes no sense to spell it with an apostrophe, so please stop doing it. Thanks!