Bionic Commando Rearmed 2: Make Something "Radd" Remix Contest

mikeeb13

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, or perhaps your employer, for the recent retro trend we've seen in your product line-up. I wasn't as huge a fan of Mega Man 9 (which I only played on the Wii for a few minutes) or BCR (which I got on Steam a few weeks ago) as I think most people were, but I think what you're doing is really cool and I'm happy to hear you're working on BCR2! :smile:

I would also like to ask Rozovian to stop misspelling "kinda". It makes no sense to spell it with an apostrophe, so please stop doing it. Thanks!

:mrgreen:

Believe me I am too! When I was a kid, Mega Man was my absolute FAVORITE series, seriously I'd play it all day. I wasn't with the company at the time, but I was on XBLA at like 2am waiting for MM9 to release on launch day lol, and I was fortunate enough to be on board with Capcom when we did MM10. Stay tuned for Mega Man Universe, there's not much info on the game just yet, but you won't be disappointed, trust me :wink:

What do you think of BCR so far? Did you play the original Bionic Commando back in the day?

Not much, no, I don't think anyone I knew had it, unfortunately. For me, it was all Mega Man in those days. :) I think I played BC for the first time a few years ago, and thought it was frustratingly difficult, so I didn't play it for long, but I think it's really cool how BCR manages to look so good and feel so fresh while staying so true to the original. It's a shame GRIN didn't make it through the crisis.

For whatever reason, I don't think Mega Man would fare as well in a remake as BC did in BCR. I guess there's just too much nostalgia there...

I was always a huge Megaman fan, and when my sister got me Bionic Commando for the NES, I loved it to pieces. Especially the music. I really liked BCR and even the big BC sequal, or whatever you might call it. I had been hoping for a new BC game ever since the first one. I find it strange that Capcom dropped that series so fast back then...

I would assume that if your entry did not win the competition, then you would be free to submit it to overclocked remix. The question is, do you waive your rights to the song upon submission, or upon being chosen as a winner?

I'm really excited to make a submission for this contest, and I am glad to see that there is a capcom representative here to give us feedback. Peace Yall!

We won't "claim" the song unless you win the competition. Even then we're not gonna be like OMG WE MADE THIS, NOT YOU! The artist will still credited for use of the track when we utilized it. Plus we'll feature the top mixes on our site's official blog, so you'll become an Capcom-Unity rockstar :)

little over a week left to submit, get it in early I wanna hear! lol

:nicework:

We won't "claim" the song unless you win the competition. Even then we're not gonna be like OMG WE MADE THIS, NOT YOU! The artist will still credited for use of the track when we utilized it. Plus we'll feature the top mixes on our site's official blog, so you'll become an Capcom-Unity rockstar :)

I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate the insight. I suppose I just got a bit unnerved when reading through the details of the contest rules at http://www.bioniccommando.com/rearmed2/rules.html

It says "Sponsor is in no way obligated to use any Entry and entrant may or may not be given any credit or attribution if the Entry is subsequently used"

Its a little difficult to interpet this line, but it is really a bane for the remixer if credit isnt given. Regardless, it won't stop me from entering the competition.

I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate the insight. I suppose I just got a bit unnerved when reading through the details of the contest rules at http://www.bioniccommando.com/rearmed2/rules.html

It says "Sponsor is in no way obligated to use any Entry and entrant may or may not be given any credit or attribution if the Entry is subsequently used"

Its a little difficult to interpet this line, but it is really a bane for the remixer if credit isnt given. Regardless, it won't stop me from entering the competition.

it's more of a cover for us in case we run into a situation where something happens and your name is left out of a write up/credit unintentionally. When/where it's possible, I'll personally make sure that winners are credited, because I know how much work you guys put into doing this.

Capcom has had a great relationship with the OCR community over the past number of years and we love to work with you guys when the opportunity presents itself, the least we can do is make sure you're credited when it's due :)

Edit: mods hookin it up with an av! RAD! lol