Rayman album idea

I have a good feeling about this one, as Rayman is a popular game.

Anyways, I just had a thought. What if we did an album with remixes from the first Rayman game for the PSX (PlayStation 1)/GBA? I was thinking maybe we could have 6 discs for the 6 Worlds, like Disc 1 be for Dream Forest, Disc 2 for Band Land, etc., and maybe I could do a "sketched-out" design for the homepage?

Let me know what you think.

No harm in recruiting, but you should really scale back on the project's size a bit. 6 discs makes for over 6 hours of music, and with, for example, 5-minute tracks that's a lot of tracks. 360 minutes, 72 tracks. If you can get one disc of cohesive, quality remixes you've done well. if that snowballs into more, great. But if you start off with a crazy ambitious plan you're bound to be disappointed.

Well, we don't HAVE to do it in 6 discs, it was just a thought. I mean, it's the best way I could think of to organize the six worlds. And we don't have to do every single song either, I don't think (there are, like, 50 songs, and some aren't even songs).

Plus, I didn't think it'd take that long, I thought, maybe, a LOT of people would try this, because as I said before, Rayman was (and is!) a very popular game, what with Rayman Designer and all. But maybe I'm wrong...

The way I see it, Serious Monkey Business has 35 tracks, and that took, what, two years? Where as Rayman only has 50 tracks (and we won't even do all 50 because about 10 or so are just sound effects, or not even music). Also, there are two tracks that are the same track, but one has the sounds of a rainforest in the background, so we can cut that one out.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. Two tracks are also similar, but not the same. If you put the disc into a music player, you will notice Track 15 is just a re-arrangement of Track 14. So we can skip Track 14.

So, all in all, I'd say we're looking at about 39 or so tracks. DKC2: SMB had 35, and it only took them two years. So just about four more tracks would be only a couple more months. That's the way I figure it.

DKC2SMB was put together by two ocr veterans and attracted lots of established remixers. Who are you? You are not Taucer and Bahamut. Can you remix? Are you a cool person to work with? Will you see this through or give up when interest wanes?

Not to be a jerk, but I see no reason to join a project like this. If other remixers feel the same way, you have a problem that DKC2SMB didn't have.

Homework: figure out what the established remixer and project leader is saying about projects and the amount of work they involve. :)

People hear 6 discs and they think full discs. How many discs released at OCR are 75 minutes long anyway? Tell me that. You could have 30 minute long discs. So everybody, stop whining about disc count all the time on every thread I ever look at. <_<

I can understand being hesitant to join a project because it's not run by an OCR Celebrity, but to completely blow off that game and its music because of that is a joke. You should have more respect for yourself and more respect for the music.

Having said that, yeah dude, you probably can't run this project. No great movements in history began with the phrase "what if". If you do decide to continue with it though, good luck.

Everyone here makes a good point. Managing an entire project is a lot of work, so my advice to the TC is to really plan out the project before even bringing it to the table. It's no good making a thread just a few sentences long saying "This could be a cool idea."

What I would recommend doing is first thinking about how serious you're willing to get with this, 'cause quitting half way will only lose you a lot of respect here. If you're certain you want to go ahead with it, then make a list of all the tracks that are to be remixed and put them neatly into your first post at the very least.

Will there be any genre limitations? Even if there aren't, say that in the first post. Thought about artwork and perhaps promotional stuff? Be sure to say you want to recruit artists and the like if you do. Got a name for the project? Set up a private forum for remixers? These are all things to think about, and if you want people to latch onto this project you'll need to really flesh it out. I guaruntee you people will start showing interest then.

I hope this helps and if you go ahead with it, I'll be more than willing to join in. I love Rayman. ;P

• 2 weeks later...