Thank you, OCR, for staying awesome

kitty

I feel the need to write this rant/thank you letter for many reasons. Recently I've been becoming more and more aggravated by the degenerative nature of that is the internet. I can't play games without being called "fegot" or a myriad of other slurs. Racism is rampant. Hate is everywhere. Mature people, gamers or not, are becoming an even rarer sight than before.

Websites that I don't care to name are ruining everything for pretty much everyone. I used to go to these sites; one day I just realized how douchey the people who go there actually are. I used to troll occasionally but now I realize I was just being a stupid immature teenager. And even though I did troll I find myself confused about why others and myself contribute nothing but meme spamming and shit just to piss other people off.

I've been coming to OCR for six years, ever since my sister had me listen to DJP's Pachelbel's Ganon. Some blame immaturity on age. As DJP noted a few days ago, this site is pretty much made up of teenage boys. Exactly the same crowd everyone else on the internet. This site has grown, not degenerate into a mindless shithole of asshats. And for that, I thank you OCR.

on this topic: it took me a long time to realize it, but deleting unmod was just about the best thing to ever happen to this community

fact is it was scaring people away from ocremix and that's never a good thing

That's treading some dangerous ground there...

Anyway, yeah, OCR rocks! It's hard to believe I've been here eight years (with an additional year of lurking). Thanks for all the music and fun!

I AM going to name names, but I'll do so in a text and color that can only be viewed with the special OCR decoder cursor that will be going on sale this upcoming November. Be sure to keep an eye out for the official announcement.

And now...

- Name1.gif

- Name2.gif

- Name1.gif

- Name3.gif

- Name2.gif

- Name1.gif

- Name4.gif

- Name2.gif

- Name3.gif

- Name1.gif

... and those are just the ones who were there at the beginning.

SPOILER: Nice optical illusion Coop. No one would think that there are only four repeating blue bars...

on this topic: it took me a long time to realize it, but deleting unmod was just about the best thing to ever happen to this community

fact is it was scaring people away from ocremix and that's never a good thing

Unmod and some of the threads in PPR are what kept me from posting for several years. Mostly ignoring PPR has really helped {^^}. KF

I no longer hold any grudge for the loss of unmod since I have remod which is a far better community than anything I ever saw in unmod (which I say as an '05er).

Most of the cool cats either came to remod or stayed here and all the asshats either calmed down or left entirely.

The last forum I frequented, the name not important. Was full of nothing but asshats and trolls.

I came to OCR sometime in 2008, found the FF7 album and after that, I hung around here for a while, met some cool people. Heard about MAGFest. I can honestly say, when I came to these forums I never thought I would be seeing some of you in-person. It never crossed my mind.

I mean, not only do some of us come from all across the nation to hangout and have fun. Theres some that come across the sea to do the very same.

But it kinda is like a family, if you think of all the cons, and meetups as reunions. Hah.

The only thing I miss about Unmod was the traffic - it was nice being able to come to the site and see something new every time you visited.

Now it's not as populated but it's also not as noisy. Even PPR is more active nowadays and although it gets ugly sometimes most threads reach a critical point when people stop treating it seriously and it ends up imploding.

It's nice to see a community where 90% of people post with proper spelling and grammar, and where most of the people will encourage people to think and do research for themselves.