OCR02199 - *YES* Pokémon Diamond Version 'Home Is Where the Luvdisc Is...'

Palpable

ReMixer name: ProtoDome

Userid: 25246

Name of game arranged: Pokémon Diamond

Name of song arranged: Hearthome City

Original Composer: Junichi Masuda, Hitomi Sato

Original Sound Track:

'Kay, here's yet ANOTHER Pokémon remix from the project. I thought I'd go for a Trad. Jazz/Bebop style for this source because the chord sequence is just gagging for it.

You do know the reason I'm sending all these is because The Damned makes us don't you? The original problem I had with this was making the saxophone 'mesh' with the other instruments- I hope that now all the instruments fit together pseudo-realistically in the soundscape.

Cool, that's all.

~Proto

-----------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

For some odd reason I started thinking that this reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas Special, but a little more upbeat. Now I cannot get that out of my head, so I am blaming you, Proto.

Love the style arrangement here, and having the sax take the melody was a really good choice. I wasn't expecting much out a mix less than 2 minutes long, but after a few listens I have to say this is just the right length. Plenty going on, and it doesn't overstay it's welcome.

The balance between the instruments is pretty good, although I think the piano could be brought up a little, and the bass turned down just a little. It's obviously you took some time to work on the drums and the comping on the piano, which I think work really well in the mix.

Still sounds like Charlie Brown...YES

Not a bad little combo piece; sax feels a little lose at parts, but then tightens up pretty well. No biggie.

Good production; nice balance. Part-writing is great; good interplay between instruments. That's precisely the kind of thing good jazz needs.

Wish this was longer; coulda used a solo section though. OH WELL.

YES