Camel Audio gear is selling, and YOU get to name the price!

http://www.camelaudio.com/Planet-Earth-Sound-Sample-Library.php

A fairly extensive set of synths and pads, along with the neat Alchemy batch thrown in for free.

The best part is?

You can name your own price, no matter how low that price is.

However, this deal is only good till the END OF AUGUST.

If anyone is interested in expanding their sound library, I leave this here for you. Mainly because I like many of you love cheap stuff. Especially cheap good stuff.

If this is in the wrong section, I request a moderator move it to the appropriate one.

I just got this this morning, and I've gotta say, it's really good. It's worth it even just for the factory presets that come with the alchemy player. I wish that Planet Earth had more spacey leads/arps and less soundscapes and pads, but I can't really complain.

Yeah I will agree with you on that. Another thing I noticed is that it seems to use quite alot of CPU. It's definitely worth buying if you haven't yet, I mean you get to decide what to pay!

Oh, I don't know. I have a 2.0 gHz dual core, and it seems to take up a fairly small amount of CPU. I mean, if you used Alchemy for every instrument in a song, that'd be a problem, but just one or two instances seem to be pretty good.

Oh, I don't know. I have a 2.0 gHz dual core, and it seems to take up a fairly small amount of CPU. I mean, if you used Alchemy for every instrument in a song, that'd be a problem, but just one or two instances seem to be pretty good.

Haha well yeah that's pretty much what I did. I noticed that it's not a problem if I don't use too many of it. Around 8 seems to be my computers limit.

I'll pass on this. I'm sure the sounds are nice and the deal couldn't be better, but i'm not very fond of these 'player' editions of vsts. seems like more and more companies are trying to jump on NI's bandwagon.

I got Acoustic Refractions for Kore Player for a voucher a while ago, and while the sounds are nice, it just uses way too much cpu to be of any use for me. Seems like the patch designer went apeshit over all the different synth/fx/sampling engines at his fingertips and just didn't care about making somewhat economic patches.

maxing out a quad core with ~8 polyphonic instances of an instrument warrants a deinstall for me.

Regarding Alchemy, I know that it's state of the art as far as sample manipulation/resynthesis goes, so it stands within reason to sacrifice some cpu % to have access to its unique possibilities.

Running this huge synth engine though just to play some presets with very basic editing functions and that lame morphing pad from Kore? Meh.

It's even worse when the presets mostly consist of these complex showoff soundscapes. you might use em once, but they are so instantly recognisable and hard-wired that you can pretty much throw em away after that.

granted, i haven't listened to the soundbank, but these 'WOW!' presets are just a very common thing with synths like Alchemy. I view them as added incentive to customise/make your own patches, not something i'd use in a tune as is.

But hey, maybe i'm wrong and you get a great mix of b'n'b and more esoteric but still usable patches. tweakability might be good depending on how much care was put into choosing the editable parameters.

hope you have fun with it.