Xenoblade is starting to sound more and more epic

Freakin sweet! Can't get enough Mitsuda

Then you'll probably be disappointed to know that he only did one track, the ending theme. It's called Beyond The Sky, several people have posted it on YouTube if you want a listen.

When I heard about this a few weeks ago I went looking for a listen, and found it to be rather average. I guess I went into it with high expectations because I really loved his work in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, and came back disappointed.

Yeah that OST has some pretty groundbreaking tracks from ACE+, hidden in between effective generic RPG-fare music, and some downright boring songs.

People should really stop that whole 'Mitsuda is a god' thing though.

He has produced some of the best and most loved rpg music in history, and so has Shinomura or Uematsu.

But that was in the past, and their time to shine is over now.

I do love a lot of these composers' work, and not the most popular ones either. But people aren't being objective about them anymore.

Paying respect is one thing. Secluding oneself in zealous fanboy/girl-ism without listening and comparing to current era's artists is just ignorant. ;)

Well, with me personally, I know that I have a bit of a bias, and I tend to admit it. It just comes, for me, from the first game that I actually paid attention to the music in being Chrono Trigger (and considering I was 9 when I played it), gives me a sort of extra bit of respect for his stuff. Mind you, it's not at the level of "everyone else's stuff is crap", but I am slightly biased due to stuff like that, I admit.

This hearkens back to something I saw on /v/ once: MSpaint comic of someone complaining about these awesome games out for the Wii and saying "This is cool but it'd be better on PS3/360" and, when finally asked why he doesn't just get a Wii, he responds with "the Wii has no good games."

This hearkens back to something I saw on /v/ once: MSpaint comic of someone complaining about these awesome games out for the Wii and saying "This is cool but it'd be better on PS3/360" and, when finally asked why he doesn't just get a Wii, he responds with "the Wii has no good games."

Lol, well, the Wii has no good games! LOL

Personally I prefer HD resolution and a good controller. But I'd get this for the wii anyway, but I would undoubtedly prefer a PS3 release. No denying that. I love the PS3 controller -- hate the Wii controller. Sad but true.

Lol, well, the Wii has no good games! LOL

Personally I prefer HD resolution and a good controller. But I'd get this for the wii anyway, but I would undoubtedly prefer a PS3 release. No denying that. I love the PS3 controller -- hate the Wii controller. Sad but true.

To you it's true. I, personally, enjoy the wiimote and nunchuck. The PS3 controller is just a wireless dualshock, and suffers from the same problem I had with those--the control sticks being somewhat unintuitive. They should be the main focus of the controller, not stuffed to the bottom and forcing you to reach your thumbs back. Particularly since 90% of the games use one or both of them.

Also, obligatory.

super-cool-story-bro.png

• 10 months later...

NoA apparently has no intention of localizing this game, there's a massive fan movement going on to try and persuade them(currently the number one video game on amazon as a result), but given how NoA has reacted to these things in the past I'm pretty skeptical that it will result in anything

I hope I'm wrong though, this looks like the first JRPG that interests me in like 10 years.

you can hack your wii to do this very easily actually, as well as disabling the region locking. but I'd hope it doesn't come to that. more than anything I want the game to be released and to sell much more than expected so they don't continue doing this shit

europe is not only getting the game but also a special edition with the soundtrack, and they have 10 million fewer wii users than the US. wtf NoA? I know JRPGs are less popular here but considering they could just use the english VA that they need to do to release it in the UK anyway, it's not like it should hurt them to release it...it's not a very competitive platform at this point anyway, it would have a year of skyward sword and kirby being the only other notable games being released

I can kinda see mother 3 because they would've had to pay a ton of royalties and the campaign to get it released didn't become very strong until the GBA was nearly dead

there is no excuse for xenoblade not being released. I would also like to see last story and pandora's tower but especially xenoblade considering that it was already announced for NA release and never officially cancelled(under the name monado), and is going to have an english version made ANYWAY. iwata and reggie talked a lot at E3 about trying to bring back "core gamers", this to me represents a test that will show if it was serious or just an empty sales pitch

The Xenoblade localization fan campaign is apparently insanely huge, so much so that Xenoblade is the top-selling game on Amazon for 2 days in a row. If you want this, show Nintendo by preordering it (your credit card won't be charged until it comes out anyway, so there's no risk). Fan campaigns consisting of letter writing, emails, and petitions generally fail because there's no foreseeable money behind them. This is what makes this campaign different. NOA could still say "no," but this is both conceptually and practically the best way fans have of getting Nintendo to release Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Last Story stateside.