Xenoblade is starting to sound more and more epic

The Xenoblade localization fan campaign is apparently insanely huge, so much so that Xenoblade is the top-selling game on Amazon for 2 days in a row. If you want this, show Nintendo by preordering it (your credit card won't be charged until it comes out anyway, so there's no risk). Fan campaigns consisting of letter writing, emails, and petitions generally fail because there's no foreseeable money behind them. This is what makes this campaign different. NOA could still say "no," but this is both conceptually and practically the best way fans have of getting Nintendo to release Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, and Last Story stateside.

I would support this movement if I still had a Nintendo Wii, but a part of me still doubts NOA cares to acknowledge that there are still die hard Nintendo fans wanting GOOD games, or at least games with future sequel potential to release here.

I won't be surprised when Reggie is asked and he basically says, "It won't sell, nobody is interested in it."

mitsuda only did one song for the soundtrack

the OST is awesome though, two unknowns did most of it but there's some good yoko shimomura work in it too

and surprising no one, NoA is still fucking terrible

oh well, I probably wasn't going to get a Wii U anyway but this is the final confirmation that nintendo has given up on long time gamers to me, now I know to stay away from all of their future hardware

and surprising no one, NoA is still fucking terrible

oh well, I probably wasn't going to get a Wii U anyway but this is the final confirmation that nintendo has given up on long time gamers to me, now I know to stay away from all of their future hardware

I knew they weren't going to release these games. For one, they don't believe they'd sell. Just because you get a big supportive list on Amazon and a few other places, doesn't mean those same exact people will come out and buy it if it were released.

Secondly, as weird (maybe not) as this sounds, Nintendo wants Zelda Avat...er, Skyward Sword, to be the "Swan Song" of the Wii. THEIR GAME, they don't want other games (or lack thereof) getting in the way of it. That, and as silly as it sounds, maybe they're intentionally starving the Wii, letting it be forgotten, and then BAM! Hey! Here's WiiU!! It's NEW AND HD! WE HAVE PORTS OF MAJOR FRANCHISES!!!

I'm going to laugh at the launch of their next system. Those very same fanboys who say they're not going to buy the WiiU because of this, will instantly buy it the minute another 3D Mario or Zelda gets announced for it, guarantee it. Maybe this is a wake up call to fanboys....

monolithsoft is a nintendo first party studio, xenoblade is also "their game". but I do agree that they probably don't want it canabalizing zelda's hype, at least something gives me that impression even though it's not a really logical thought process

I know everyone hypes galaxies like no tomorrow but I would never consider either of those games to be reason to buy a system, meh, I guess I just don't "get" nintendo anymore

monolithsoft is a nintendo first party studio, xenoblade is also "their game". but I do agree that they probably don't want it canabalizing zelda's hype, at least something gives me that impression even though it's not a really logical thought process

I know everyone hypes galaxies like no tomorrow but I would never consider either of those games to be reason to buy a system, meh, I guess I just don't "get" nintendo anymore

Galaxies is a decent game, but I don't consider it the best Mario game. Mario 64, as archaic as it is, is still the best 3D Mario in my opinion. At least you could decide how to get to the stars in that game, Mario Galaxy forces you to go the directions they dictate to you....

people act like I have two heads when I say SM64 is still the best 3D mario, good to see it's not totally uncommon

I do like galaxies somewhat, I just can't fathom being like, MARIO GALAXY 3 IS OUT TIME TO BUY THE WII U

then again they...pretty much lost me on that one when I saw that the controller is an ipod with triggers. I barely play my DS and when I do I almost always play GBA games on it, I'm really not fond of the touch screen as a game controller, it completely ruined spirit tracks IMO which otherwise should have been one of the better zelda games of recent memory

My problem with Mario is that one day I realized I was 26 and a super colorful game with a dinosaur that sounds like a children's cartoon character (Yoshi) and with the same plot over and over with no real character development was no longer really targeted at me. I guess being cool with kid's stuff is really in for this generation of 20-somethings, but I just get bored with Mario for the same reason I get bored with Mickey Mouse. Thanks for the memories, but I no longer feel compelled to play those games.

EDIT: Before this enrages a bunch of Mario fans, it's not that I'm saying "You're too old to play Mario." I just don't feel like those games are being designed with older players in mind much anymore and therefore they just no longer appeal to me. If you still enjoy them, good for you, I wish I could.

EDIT: Before this enrages a bunch of Mario fans, it's not that I'm saying "You're too old to play Mario." I just don't feel like those games are being designed with older players in mind much anymore and therefore they just no longer appeal to me. If you still enjoy them, good for you, I wish I could.

No big deal, there's plenty of people like that. And there's plenty of people that are slowly starting to realize that as well...

...And there's plenty of people that are slowly starting to realize that as well...

Count me as one of them. I got around to playing NSMBW finally earlier this year, and it just reeked of "meh, I wanna be Mario Bros. 3". Granted, it's still a solid game, like most of Nintendo's current stuff, but it doesn't seem to take ANY risk or do anything substantially different. I think that the only series that Nintendo has ever been REALLY out there with is the Metroid series: First by turning it into a First Person Adventure/Shooter, and then turning it into an intense action game that tried to toss in a more serious plot.

It's a pity though that Other M falling flat on its ass(I enjoyed the gameplay, but I'm admittedly a Team Ninja fanboy) might tell Nintendo that they shouldn't go totally avant garde on their IPs. :-( Maybe Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion will be a breath of fresh air, but these guys really need to create some new IP/charaters to exploit IMO.

Anyway that was way off-topic. I agree that I want to see all these games localized, but hey, it still gives me a good excuse to work on my Japanese. :-P

mitsuda only did one song for the soundtrack

the OST is awesome though, two unknowns did most of it but there's some good yoko shimomura work in it too

Shucks, thought he would have done more than that. But yeah I was listening to it and it IS fantastic regardless.

I think what bugs me the most about this fiasco is that it IS being translated and released in Europe. I sort of understand the whole not selling well in America thing though, the market isn't the same here. Still, there's a surprising amount of support for this game, and Operation Rainfall is still pushing regardless of what Nintendo has said. Though I kinda doubt it will really work (as much as I'd love that).

Here's the thing, and this is probably the most infuriating thing of all: there is a market here. It's just not the RIGHT market.

Now, who are the majority of JRPGs aimed at? Teenagers. And who in the western market still enjoys playing JRPGs? I can tell you, it ain't teenagers. It's people who grew up on JRPGs -- who are now adults. So the games don't come out here because teenagers -- the target demographic -- don't play JRPGs anymore. They like their shooters and their calladoodies and whatnot.

So, once again, we can fault teenagers for another of the world's many ills.

Here's the thing, and this is probably the most infuriating thing of all: there is a market here. It's just not the RIGHT market.

Now, who are the majority of JRPGs aimed at? Teenagers. And who in the western market still enjoys playing JRPGs? I can tell you, it ain't teenagers. It's people who grew up on JRPGs -- who are now adults. So the games don't come out here because teenagers -- the target demographic -- don't play JRPGs anymore. They like their shooters and their calladoodies and whatnot.

So, once again, we can fault teenagers for another of the world's many ills.

Lol. While that sounds like a pretty bleak assessment, I think there's some validity to it.

But I think it still has a lot to do with Nintendo not being satisfied with anything less than a million or so in sales.

But I think it still has a lot to do with Nintendo not being satisfied with anything less than a million or so in sales.

Yeah, we all know that if Nintendo didn't own the rights to these games, we'd probably already have them in our hands. Hell, I might even own a Wii. A lack of solid JRPGs on a console equals me not buying it.

Yeah, we all know that if Nintendo didn't own the rights to these games, we'd probably already have them in our hands. Hell, I might even own a Wii. A lack of solid JRPGs on a console equals me not buying it.

Do you own any current-gen consoles? I could be mistaken, but by my count, the PS3 has about 3 or 4 solid JRPGs (Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, the forthcoming Tales of Graces F, Disgaea, and arguably FFXIII), a handful of mediocre ones (Atelier Rorona, Ar Tonelico 3, and Trinity something), and some downright crappy ones (Hyperdimension Neptunia, from what I've heard). The 360 isn't in much better of a boat except for it switching out Tales of Graces for Tales of Vesperia.

So if you won't buy a console without some solid JRPGs (not disagreeing, by the way :)), your best bet seems to be a DS Lite at the moment!

My problem with Mario is that one day I realized I was 26 and a super colorful game with a dinosaur that sounds like a children's cartoon character (Yoshi) and with the same plot over and over with no real character development was no longer really targeted at me. I guess being cool with kid's stuff is really in for this generation of 20-somethings, but I just get bored with Mario for the same reason I get bored with Mickey Mouse. Thanks for the memories, but I no longer feel compelled to play those games.

I can see where you're coming from with this. not so much with it merely being colorful, I think our attitude towards that in the west is kind of silly and is the root of half of our games being all brown and gray, it's kind of stupid that artists are pressured to make everything dark and not very colorful or else it's obviously just for kids...but the overall game design of mario galaxy didn't appeal to me in the same way SM64 did, it felt very dumbed down in a lot of ways

and agree on yoshi's effects, for some reason this is what really bothers me with nintendo coming off as "kiddy". same with WW, the graphics aren't so much of a problem to me, but some of the things you hear when people are talking? WTF?

and agree on yoshi's effects, for some reason this is what really bothers me with nintendo coming off as "kiddy". same with WW, the graphics aren't so much of a problem to me, but some of the things you hear when people are talking? WTF?

Yeah I tried out the GBA version of Mario Bros. 3 and suddenly Mario was like "LETSA GO!" and I was like "SHUT UP I JUST WANT TO PLAY MARIO BROS. 3 DAMN YOU."