Bit.Trip Runner - Uh, don't actually have a title for it.

In fact I basically made this as a fan thing to send to the Bit.Trip guys and wasn't going to bother naming it, but then I thought hey, might as well get some feedback on OCRemix.

http://www.negativeworld.org/mymusic/electronic/bittriptest.mp3

Although it's probably not good enough to try to submit seriously to the site. I think the melodies and song writing and everything came out well, though I still don't actually know much about production values and I'm kind of winging it there.

I know what *I* like and don't like about this work in progress, I wonder if it will be the same stuff that others like and don't like?

What do you guys (and girls?) think?

In fact I basically made this as a fan thing to send to the Bit.Trip guys and wasn't going to bother naming it, but then I thought hey, might as well get some feedback on OCRemix.

http://www.negativeworld.org/mymusic/electronic/bittriptest.mp3

Although it's probably not good enough to try to submit seriously to the site. I think the melodies and song writing and everything came out well, though I still don't actually know much about production values and I'm kind of winging it there.

I know what *I* like and don't like about this work in progress, I wonder if it will be the same stuff that others like and don't like?

What do you guys (and girls?) think?

the melodys did come clear, mix is decent, an good song but just not strong or punchy , work on this some more

What do you mean by punchy, like the bass kicks and such? I feel like there is a LOT I need to learn about production (I basically know nothing) and I'm not sure how much time I have to learn everything (grad school, on a short summer break right now) so I'm thinking of just trying to focus on one thing say "drums" and get that down better.

I'm working on revamping the drums now. I pulled the bass kick out of the rest and tried to make it bouncier. I think the general rule of frequencies for drums is low for bass and high for the rest?

Here is a part of it with somewhat more prominent bass kick. I'm not sure if this actually makes it better or just muddier though, I kind of lose the ability to judge this stuff after awhile...

http://www.negativeworld.org/mymusic/electronic/bittriptest2.mp3

What do you mean by punchy, like the bass kicks and such? I feel like there is a LOT I need to learn about production (I basically know nothing) and I'm not sure how much time I have to learn everything (grad school, on a short summer break right now) so I'm thinking of just trying to focus on one thing say "drums" and get that down better.

I'm working on revamping the drums now. I pulled the bass kick out of the rest and tried to make it bouncier. I think the general rule of frequencies for drums is low for bass and high for the rest?

Here is a part of it with somewhat more prominent bass kick. I'm not sure if this actually makes it better or just muddier though, I kind of lose the ability to judge this stuff after awhile...

http://www.negativeworld.org/mymusic/electronic/bittriptest2.mp3

i ment like more back ground, for the fist song to give it that spice imo, but my opinion may be ***8 lolol j/k but great song, grad school? you would eventually make bits of time to experiment, trust me ;) and make sure you master and Eq you intruments there too soft

When Sonic is saying to make it punchier, that generally entails messing with a few instruments. The snare will give a track most of it's drive or punch, and then it all depends on how the kick and bass sit with each other. It sounds like you cut all the highs out of both kick and bass, so it's causing them to sound almost like they are the same. This sound could be considered smooth (or muddy, depending). I would experiment with adding some mid highs into the kick and bass (between 1-3 KHz on a parametric), and then deciding where each will sit on the low end. If you spike the kick at 60 Hz, then dip that out of the bass and vice versa, until they sit well together. The arrangement itself, though not bad, is pretty short, and definitely would need at least one more min to make it on this site. Also, there is a forum somewhere on this site that covers the production side of music, and that would be a good place to start if you're unsure about production. Anyways, good luck with the track and keep workin at it.