Exobyte - First song

Modus

Hey, I'm posting this as finished even though I'm sure it has a lot of kinks due to this being my first attempt. But I basically want it treated as a WIP because I want all the help I can get. Was a lot of fun to make! I hope to use original samples in my next song.. no loops here but it is heavy on default FL samples. Here goes:

http://soundcloud.com/exobyte/work-in-progress-001-ver-2

EDIT: Around 1:30 I noticed some popping.. how can I get rid of that?

I'm just fiddling around in FL 9. Seems like the more I learn, the more intimidating FL becomes XD

Yeah, the transition was weird because I pretty much changed moods completely there. I need to start working on following a cohesive structure in my projects from now on.

I completely understand. My current draft has me transitioning from and roaring chorus/orchestra to like just a guitar playing by itself. I'm trying to now begin my projects with a solid melody and transitions in mind... or clearer in my mind;

Yeah, a lot of programs are like that. I'm kinda glad I started with mixcraft, sorta like the garage band of windows, but now I'm kinda seeing the limitations of it and I'll eventually be forced to move on. I got pro-tools and a firewire but I'm kinda just staring at them now, still getting the hang of everything lol >_<

I'm kinda glad I started with mixcraft, sorta like the garage band of windows, but now I'm kinda seeing the limitations of it and I'll eventually be forced to move on. I got pro-tools and a firewire but I'm kinda just staring at them now, still getting the hang of everything lol >_<

Sounds like the same path I took with video production.. started with good ol' Windows Movie Maker. Moved up to Vegas a couple years later.. and now for the past year I've been teaching myself the Adobe CS4/CS5 suite and Final Cut Pro. It's a building process but things will ALWAYS click if you put the effort in. Your videos and songs can vary from good to mind-blowing depending on your natural talent, but you won't make BAD stuff if you try hard enough :)

Anyway, one day I decided I wanted to at least be knowledgeable enough with audio to make music as a hobby and be familiar with the audio equipment in a production setting, so here I am... n00bing it up for now ;)

Sounds like the same path I took with video production.. started with good ol' Windows Movie Maker. Moved up to Vegas a couple years later.. and now for the past year I've been teaching myself the Adobe CS4/CS5 suite and Final Cut Pro. It's a building process but things will ALWAYS click if you put the effort in. Your videos and songs can vary from good to mind-blowing depending on your natural talent, but you won't make BAD stuff if you try hard enough :)

Anyway, one day I decided I wanted to at least be knowledgeable enough with audio to make music as a hobby and be familiar with the audio equipment in a production setting, so here I am... n00bing it up for now ;)

I'm (for now) making music as a hobby as well, but I'm aiming for a career in music. Lofty goal I know, but I'm making it a point to learn all I can about all kinds of techniques, and about FL as well. It's what I use, and I need to learn all I can about it. I'll get there eventually if I keep at it.

Had a headstart too - I have been dabbling around with MIDI files since 1998, and since then to mid 2004, I've done over 110 compositions in MIDI format. Started using FL last year after I got pissed off at my software I was using (Don't ask, it's embarassing lol), so I know what I'm doing musically, heh