The Expendables

AJ-enova

Wish I was going to go see it on opening night. Oh well.

Also, trim your sig down to a black bar with the words "They're Coming 2010" as its only text, before a mod (probably DarkeSword) changes it to a link instead of a picture due to its size...

Hmmm according to Wikipedia:

Kurt Russell turned it down cause he 'wasn't interested in being in any ensemble films'

JCVD turned it down because he didnt like his character

Seagal turned it down cause he didnt get on with one of the producers or summit

I'm kinda glad they left Chuck Norris out, he gets enough praise XD

I think It's a shame that Kurt Russell, Jean Claude Van Damme and even fucking steven seagal turned down roles for it - would've made it complete!

I shrunk my signature :( happy?

Segal lol He wouldn't fit in at all IMO.

Jean Claude would though.. But he chose to do his mediocre drama instead.

This movie is gonna kick ass!!!

Saw it. I'll just repost what I said on facebook:

The plot was cliche, acting was terrible, the humor consisted entirely of bad one liners. The movie was devoid of any depth whatsoever and was pretty much just an excuse to have a bunch of macho dudes running around killing each other.

In other words, it was the most perfect movie ever.

The action was incredibly well written and shot. The choreography was great and there were lots of little memorable moments. And it seemed like every other scene was some action piece (which is a good thing, because I didn't pay to listen to people talk). You eventually find out that even Jason Statham's girl-drama side story is just an excuse for another action scene. My only complaint was that there was a little bit of fast-cut/shaky-cam going on during a car chase and Jet Li's fight.. but it's tolerable compared to a lot of other films that try to do the same.

I shouldn't knock the acting too much. It was just... all over the place. On one end of the extreme, there was a moment where Dolph Lundgren was laughably bad, and on the other end, Mickey Rourke had a fantastic monologue that was rather moving. In general, everyone acts about as well as you'd normally expect from them... Which makes sense, given that they are basically playing the same characters they've played dozens of times already.

Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger's cameo was one of the best throw away jokes I've ever seen in a movie.

Saw it. I'll just repost what I said on facebook:

The plot was cliche, acting was terrible, the humor consisted entirely of bad one liners. The movie was devoid of any depth whatsoever and was pretty much just an excuse to have a bunch of macho dudes running around killing each other.

In other words, it was the most perfect movie ever.

The action was incredibly well written and shot. The choreography was great and there were lots of little memorable moments. And it seemed like every other scene was some action piece (which is a good thing, because I didn't pay to listen to people talk). You eventually find out that even Jason Statham's girl-drama side story is just an excuse for another action scene. My only complaint was that there was a little bit of fast-cut/shaky-cam going on during a car chase and Jet Li's fight.. but it's tolerable compared to a lot of other films that try to do the same.

I shouldn't knock the acting too much. It was just... all over the place. On one end of the extreme, there was a moment where Dolph Lundgren was laughably bad, and on the other end, Mickey Rourke had a fantastic monologue that was rather moving. In general, everyone acts about as well as you'd normally expect from them... Which makes sense, given that they are basically playing the same characters they've played dozens of times already.

Also, Arnold Schwarzenegger's cameo was one of the best throw away jokes I've ever seen in a movie.

XD LAWL!

The testoterone in the Arny and Stallone scene was too much!

And Terry Crews rapid firing shotgun was fucking loud!

XD LAWL!

The testoterone in the Arny and Stallone scene was too much!

And Terry Crews rapid firing shotgun was fucking loud!

Don't forget Bruce Willis! I wish there had been more Bruce and Ahhnold... but I'm also a big fan of Jet Li and Jason Statham, so I was pretty satisfied.

Also, I believe that shotgun was an AA-12, which is INSANE. I've been wanting to see one of those things in an action movie for years. Check it out:

(fyi, I think Future Weapons is a terrible show, but they have some of the best footage of this thing, and they explain it pretty well.)

So this movie was bad? Or Good in a bad way? Or so bad it was worth it? Since before it's release, I've contended that this movie never had to be good to be successful just based on who's in it.

I thought it was pretty great for what it was. Your milage may vary, but it's probably one of those movies you'll enjoy whether you think it's good or not.