8 bit software

hey guys long time no speak from here i am curious i am thinking of making a FF7 Remix with the in game sounds e.t.c but don't know where to start i have the software to do it just not sure where to get the in game sounds online would it be best if i acquired them personally?

and also i aient sure on how to use the software just yet so i am wondering do any guys have any tutorials written up? i am used to using the likes of VDJ and Audacity but i really love the sound of 8-bit and want to try it out :smile:

FF7 = Playstation 1 = nothing 8-bit about it.

i have the software to do it

What software?

We can't read your mind, we can't help you when you don't tell us what you use. There's no "the" software. :-)

get the in game sounds online would it be best if i acquired them personally?

The way to do this would be to study the structure of the contents of the game disk and figure out where all these sounds are stored. Someone might've done this already. But again; they've got nothing to do with 8-bit sounds or chiptunes or whatever it's called.

Get this jumble of incorrect ideas out of your mind and start with a clean slate. You want beeps? This does beeps.

You don't want beeps but the sounds in FF7 (which ones? It helps if you have a Youtube video where you could say "listen at 2 minutes, 32 seconds - that's the kind of sound I'm talking about"). Any sequencer with audio tracks or any kind of sequencer with a sampler built in (trackers) will do the job for you.

i downloaded Gashisoft GXSCC just for starters well the sounds i may examine then on my PSX Discs

the sounds im thinking is the sort of sounds they use in this vid while selecting stuff in game and the sound of the casting magic in the fights and the load successful sound when you load the game

What's not so simple however is the slew of tricks the programmers used to create certain effects - all kinds of really interesting audio modulation going on.

You'll mostly hear that on the Commodore 64 games though, not so much the NES or Master System.

I have a couple of free VSTs that are old school gamey...

Peach

Toad

Link?

Basic 64

But as stated above, FF 7 isn't 8-bit music. These will help you make stuff more like old NES tunes, for the most part.

I also have:

Quadrasid

Which has some old school gamey sounds but a lot of modern sounds too. It's a pretty neat VST but I haven't figured out how to work a lot of the options on it yet.