A few originals

Calum

stats.png

This is "cave of mystery", just a little tune I recorded with live guitar/drums/piano/violins also some bowed cymbal/bowed glockenspiel. The guitar is a little out of time, but it's not finished.

stats.png

A jingle with mostly live instruments.

stats.png

Short jingle that sounds like an sort of ending in a sonic game or something. All midi, using cubase.

I'd love any feedback on any aspect of these!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the transition from the piano to bells. Slick transition to bassline's entrance, as well. Anytime you toss pizzicato strings in the mix, you'll be cleaning up my juices for hours. Here's a towel; now, get started.

Seems a little treble-y for most of the piece. Maybe you could try turning up the bass a little. Awesome song, just seems like it's standing on a weak pair of legs. Beef those suckers up, but not too much.

I'm not a huge fan of fadeouts, so you can ignore this critique given that it's your artistic vision and whatnot. I started to develop my own ending as the piece progressed, and I sort of "heard" a continuation of the piano arpeggios + choir + strings as they were while everything else drops out. A few measures later, piano slowly fades out. Choir and pizzicato strings remain together for another phrase or two, then on last measure, choir abruptly drops out and you get 3 last boop, boop, boop! plucks from the pizzicato strings, and the song ends. Jesus, did that make any sense?

Again, that's my vision; you can certainly have yours.

Yes. Cave Of Mystery is quite nice. I love the whole theme of the track and your instrument choices. I do agree with Ectogemia that it needs a lot more bass. It sounds good the way it is with the pizzicato strings and bells, but a little more bass will really help fill out this track.

Looking forward to hearing version 3. :D

thank you both.

I will turn the bass up!

Regarding the fade-out it was sort of a temporary thing as I planned on having more sections but didn't get them done. Also I used the fade out as I kind of imagined it as a looped track but it could have an ending. But your explanation of the ending made sense and I will bear that in mind as I try to end it!

Ah as I was starting to thing the pizzicato strings were a bit cheesy! I'll definitely leave them in now.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll get on with the next version soon!