The best synth Vsti for metal or rock

Hi there i would realy know your advise about this,

i realy like the square or saw solo lead we can heard in the saruin final boss theme we can heard on the ministrel song sound track,

or eventualy the anolog lead motoi sakuraba use a lot,

i would realy know what is best synth vsti for that type of solo synth lead,

commercial or free,

evnetualy if you know some free sound like those i would realy know but i think i certainly have to see with the commercial software to have what i am looking for :P

Tanks in advance for your reply :P

I don't know if there are like premade metal vsts, however with enough distortion things can be made to sound like metal/rock... well as far as I know, there are some amp simulators you can download and such. But I'm curious to see other responses on the matter cus I'm looking for similar effects/vsts myself

hi mickomoo, it's not realy a metal synth vsti i am looking but a synth who very good for synth solo lead, and them can be put easily on metal or rock even in replacement of a guitar, even if them not sound like a guitar, that's not matter,

the good exemple is to listen the music of sakuraba he use a dirty overdrive organ and also a analog lead who sound realy awesome but it's not sound like a guitar at all,

i don't even think put a amp simulator is good for this sort of synth, maybe a overdire or a disto effect if there is not delay setting in the synth, like we can do on a organ ?

i think a generale synth vsti can do that but maybe there is a reference, also there is some tutorial to tell me how to do a supersaw, a hypersaw, but not realy for this sort of synth.

But i find them cool and in vgm them is very used

You can use pretty much any virtual analogue VSTi to get that kind of lead, really. It's not a particularly complex sound to create. You may as well just stick to free stuff like Synth1 running through maybe some overdrive and a delay, or something.

I guess you could go after one of the Moog emulations, but I always found that sort of counterintuitive (and, often, overpriced). I thought the idea of software was to get past hardware limitations, but a lot of people really seem to like "that Moog sound".

humm yes the synth1 free one i already try, i can get a analog lead, i am far of the result i want but it's very like the stuff, i would like even if it's a little expensif a synth vsti powerfull enough to be able to make all sort of this solo lead^^

For me the moog emulation is great but it's not cheap for only analog sound for sure :P

I find myself using any number of synths for leads, but adding a Guitar Rig 4 VST (basically a virtual amp) seems to give me a really nice sound consistently with very little work. It's practically picking the sound you want and it just does it. If you're using synths you'll never have that live feel, but you can fake it pretty well. In combo with slayer it's pretty convincing if you add slides and stuff.