WIP: Maybe Sonic 3 Hydrocity Remix

eppskevin

I think the idea is certainly there, but some technical things are holding you back.

I think you need to work on your sounds' filter effects and whatnot, to bring out a real richness to your synths/plugins/etc. Right now, everything sounds very flat.

This is fine during the intro of a song or during pertinent parts, but when you get into the main swing of things you want to really push in the reverb and other bells and whistles to get a real good flow going.

Also, as far as a remix goes, I think this needs something more to it. You started to put your own little high-pitched stuff over the main cut-up at points, and I would have REALLY loved to hear more of that, personally. It's an idea that can definitely be expanded on if you get yourself a more competent sound library, methinks.

Actually,

I was trying to for that simple "hip hop" style approach without too much melody to just really test out the use of reusing the sample in a certain nice order with a little help to move it along.

But, I do understand what you're saying, so I may probably make another version that utilizes more melodies to sound like a totally different sound.