Contact Info:

ReMixer name: AMT

Email: athreshe@nmt.edu

UserID: 9241

Submission info:

Name of game arranged: Donkey Kong Country 2

Song: Hot Head Bop

Song Title: Can't Stop The Hot Head Bop

Info: I've always loved the DKC2 soundtrack and being a bass player this song is one that really stood out to me. Bass is my first choice of instrument, so I figured I'd give this one a shot. I hope you enjoy it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KR3hE0_6Nk

Well produced, kind of a conservative arrangement.

Starts off nice but the energy sort of dips in the middle there; could use a little more going on in the drums; not a dealbreaker though, as they kick it up a notch later.

You're a bass player man, it woulda been nice to hear a bass solo. ;)

Overall though it's a groovy track with a lot of nice guitar work. I dig.

YES

Not much I can add to what Shariq said here. I like the overall atmosphere, although I agree that the middle loses a bit of steam. It would have been nice if you'd added some more original stuff or variety in this, because it stands a little conservative, but I think the changes you made are enough for the bar on this as it is. I like the bass playing, especially the beginning riffs, nice work there.

Production is good, everything is sounding clear, and everything fits together. There are a couple of times that the lead could have been a tad stronger, but it is by no means overpowered.

Conservative, but it's got a lot of good things going for it.

YES

The opening lead was a little buried and had some super minor tuning issues, but the bass was great, and everything else clicked pretty well. I will echo that the arrangement felt conservative to me, but I think there was enough done to make it unique enough to the site.

Some of the mixing was a little off, the bass and snare were a bit much, and overall it was a little bottom heavy, but nothing pointing it to the realm of no return. Performances were all solid, and though there are a few rough spots in the production, I am good with this passing.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Groovy track! Like OA mentioned the mixing is a bit off and there are some minor tuning issues with the guitar. To me that's outshined by the groovy performance and good (but slightly conservative) personalization of the source though.

I don't have much to add really. Overall a good track. Could've been better but squeaks above the bar for me. Looking forward to hearing more tracks from you in the future!

YES(borderline)