OCR01258 - *YES* Chrono Trigger 'When All Hope Has Faded'

djpretzel

Email sub file When+All+Hope+Has+Faded.mp3 - djp

Title: When All Hope Has Faded

Remixers: Unknown, zircon

This is a remix of the track "The Day the World Revived" from Chrono Trigger.

zircon:

This was my first collab effort, and I think it turned out pretty well. I enjoyed working with Ty, so expect to hear more from us in the future :D I'm glad my parts fit in with his (as always) amazing symphonic skills, and I think our combined styles worked better than our individual styles would have. but enough of that. enjoy the mix!

Unknown:

Well, this was my first collab, too. I'm really glad that I got to work with zircon - I consider the two of us to be at roughly the same skill level in our seperate areas. I had tons of fun making this remix, because I got to experiment with some new style aspects. But anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this song as much as I do.

~Ty

ps - could you change my (Unknown) name on the site to "Tyler Heath" as

opposed to Will? Thanks.

I pimped this one back in early August for VG Frequency:

Liontamer[/url'>]Unknown & zircon - Chrono Trigger "When All Hope Has Faded" [VGMix2 #2014]

Two of SoundTempest's heavy hitters have joined forces in this very energetic yet melancholy techno/orchestral piece that (much like "Calamitous Judgment") includes several influences, including the noticeable style of one of Jared Hudson's favorite composers, Danny Elfman. Here, my bros Ty & Andy have pulled out a lot of different tricks, starting out this mix in Unknown's style with a very nice music box with some hot female choir vox action before throwing zirc's electronic stylings into the loop with a technosynth iteration of the melody from "The Day the World Revived". The tandem does a great job trading off sounds and measures throughout the mix, definitely providing a product that wouldn't be possible from either one individually. Excellent work that any CT music fan is gonna mess their pants over via this powerhouse team-up of one of OCR's orchestral mainstays in Unknown and the site's latest "OMG, who IS that?" in zircon.

Critically speaking, I thought some of the trancier synths zirc busted out were generic-sounding, and that makes me "meh" on a lot of stuff I've heard in the trance genre. Looking beyond that though, there was nothing else here I felt was holding this back overall.

I'd have a lot more to say, especially since I went through about 30-minutes giving Andy a detailed pre-judging critique on the mix that I saved on my comp for when it would reach the panel, but since the comp is broke...blah.

Though fairly up there, this isn't necessarily DP-worthy, so don't take my enthusiasm the wrong way, but this is pretty much a formality to me.

YES

An excellent mix of orchestral and electronica styles. I enjoyed the back and forth arrangement ideas presented, but I was hoping to hear more integrated sections as well. The initial lead in the first electronica section comes off a bit thin, but once it starts bending around everything sounds nice.

Very much enjoyed. We gotta collab sometime, guys. ;)

YES