Scott Pilgrim vs the World - Another Winter (Level 1)

Kwaza

So I just recently bought this game on the ps3, I downloaded the demo and when I played it, I fell in love with the game. The music in this game is just so awesome. Especially the first level song, its just screaming to be remixed. Here give it a listen, its pure 8 bit epicness.

Any takers to be the first one to remix music to this game, especially the level 1 music. :D

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are my heroes, lol. But yeah, this game is awesome, it has become one of my new favorite games for its gameplay and music.

If only had the talent to remix my own music, but after attempting so many times, I realized i dont have the creativity for music. Im a graphic designer, not a music designer, hehe :D

Honestly I'm not sure what good remixing would do to these tracks anyway, considering they're pretty much on point as it is. Thats why you usually see remixes of tracks from older games that didn't have the technology to do what new games can, and while SP:TG has a lot of chiptune-sounds in it, its all been professionally mixed and mastered and there's a lot more polish to it than most video game soundtracks.

That said if anyone can prove me wrong and improve on the tracks then by all means do so.

Well I dont know about you, but to me, remixing is not about making a song better than the original but to reinvent in a new way. Ive always liked listening to perfectly great songs in different styles. For example, Ive heard so many different versions of Ice Cap from sonic 3. In styles such as jazz, techno, rock. I love how each style changes the source and u dont always feel like your listening to the same song.

This soundtrack is already brilliant, but I know for sure that many talented remixers can create some great stuff out of this games music.

Well I dont know about you, but to me, remixing is not about making a song better than the original but to reinvent in a new way. Ive always liked listening to perfectly great songs in different styles. For example, Ive heard so many different versions of Ice Cap from sonic 3. In styles such as jazz, techno, rock. I love how each style changes the source and u dont always feel like your listening to the same song.

This soundtrack is already brilliant, but I know for sure that many talented remixers can create some great stuff out of this games music.

Bingo. We're not going for "better," we're going for different.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm planning to do a medley of "Scott Pilgrim Anthem", "Another Winter", and "Just Like At The Movies". But yeah, there's a lot more to be done with this OST! It's really good. I don't usually listen to modern chiptune music but this is really fantastic.

awesome, il keep an eye out for what you come up with. im sure it will be great