Getting back into Oblivion

lazygecko

Anywho, is there a mod out there that makes it so that when you're level >> npc level you pretty much destroy them in one blow? It's frustrating to me that everything levels up with me.

Yeah, there are mods that do that. I'm sorry that I can't name any off the top of my head, as I've never really minded the level synching.

Found a much better 3rd person camera mod than the one I used earlier, it's easier to configure and doesn't mess up as much during dialouge:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29942

Combine it with Personality Idles which makes NPCs use more body language when you speak with them, instead of acting like rigid statues:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30829

I wish your character looked better in third person. You know, the way they jump and move sideways is all unnatural, it just makes me think that they really wanted us to play it in first person. But I love being able to see all around my character.

I actually had a 180-hour file that I was willing to delete because I found out about how to power level. So now I have a guy at level 41 who can't even go any higher. How otaku is that?!

I don't suppose there is anyone out there who has explored EVERY area of the game is there?

It's a huge game, honestly, and that's not counting dungeons and caves. The overworld alone... is simply staggeringly huge. Although I do feel like the cities aren't as populous as they could be, especially as regards putting in nonessential NPCs that you can't interact with beyond light conversation or killing for their clothes...

Hehe.

It's a huge game, honestly, and that's not counting dungeons and caves. The overworld alone... is simply staggeringly huge. Although I do feel like the cities aren't as populous as they could be, especially as regards putting in nonessential NPCs that you can't interact with beyond light conversation or killing for their clothes...

Hehe.

Or just killing for the hell of it.

It's a huge game, honestly, and that's not counting dungeons and caves. The overworld alone... is simply staggeringly huge.

Try playing TES2: Daggerfall

it's so huge that the overworld is randomly generated, there's something like... wait lemme look this up:

Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is equal to twice the size of Great Britain:[1] around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).[2][3] The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.[4] In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

According to Todd Howard, an Elder Scrolls programmer, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall

Oh man, wow. I never played TES 1 or 2, but 3 and 4 were amazing. I didn't put much emphasis on exploring the game world itself, but rather on finding exploits in the leveling system to make my character as powerful as possible. It kinda reminds me of the WoW episode of South Park. I did tons of grinding to have this powerful character, but I hadn't really experienced the game at all. Maybe I'll go back to Oblivion myself to try and appreciate it more.