*NO* Chrono Cross 'Aegri Somnia'

djpretzel

Hey djp, et. al.

Here's my 2nd submission taken once again from the wonderful CC OST.

* Contact Info

Remixer Name: SirRus

Email Address: Ravi.U.Sharma-1@ou.edu

*Remix Info

Name of game Remixed: Chrono Cross

Name of song Remixed: Garden of the Gods Your own comments about the mix: Aegri Somnia = (Latin) Troubled Dreams. I = CCMusicDj.

THE LINK:

Thank you, come again!

I dont get it. How is this a remix? I hear the intro string resemblence, but beyond that...

oh ok. at 2:22 its finally a remix. I suppose thats fine, but the majority is still original. Quality is fine.

So I'm pretty borderline.

NO because of that ending. Its too awkward and abrupt. Make the song longer and have more to do with the original and you'll have my yes.

DAMN YOU SIMPSONS

Very few musical elements are very drawn out to make this arrangement. Good strings lead to awkward sfx, dry and downplayed piano, loudly mixed bells. Somewhere in this is a resemblance to the theme, maybe? Timing seems a little off a few times. More awkwardness thanks to a random marching beat. End.

Enjoyable atmosphere and feel bhai-sahib, but this needs much more work and a real ending.

NO

The sounds are generally alright, but this meanders around an awful lot to start off with. 1:40 of the way through and there's basically been some vox along with indiscriminate note sequences. Not good for half of your 4 minute mix. Awesome rain/wind effects, BTW.

No sense of direction until 2:15. The shakers that are placed way, WAY in the back sound very gimp, and the drumbeat that fades in at 2:38 doesn't mesh well with flow of this at all, so scrap it. I have no idea why that was in there, and just as I'm typing that, THERE it is again at 3:12. Nah, get rid of it. The beats don't even synch up well.

The male vox at 3:14 was atonal or flat or whatever and crudded up some otherwise decent ambiance. Then the vox just cut out abruptly at 3:24 for no real reason; I can't emphasize enough how low-grade that sounded.

Figure out a way to give this a stronger ending, and improve the tone & realism some of the vox. Also, I suggest to drop the lousy drumbeats and focus in on bolstering the stronger ambient foundations you have in place.

Lots of suggestions you have from the panel that could bring this one over the line, Ravi, but make sure to tie this in more closely to the source material as well as Prot is having reservations about that. You'll get on here sooner rather than later though, I think we all agree on that here. Good potential on this one provided more work is put into it.

NO (refine & resubmit)