OCR02166 - *YES* Ninja Gaiden 'The Night of Lukifell'

Palpable

Game: Ninja Gaiden

Tracks arranged: The Nails of Lukifell

Remix Title: The Night of Lukifell

Yet another old unreleased track of mine that I went back and polished up. In stage itself in which the original track resides served as inspiration for this arrangement. I wanted to convey the image of Ryu making the perilous ascent up the temple in Act 5 - battling through a legion of Jaquio's troops to reach the apex before reaching Malth.

Some of the instruments are celesta, violins, military drums, guitar, and trumpet.

link:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some unusual articulations on the violin and guitar make this worse than it could be (something I've felt about Vurez's other subs too), and those leads stick out from the backing track a little much, but there's a ton going for this. The source is pretty repetitive, but this song never feels that way, and the original sections like 2:24 are really smartly integrated. The hushed MGS-like atmosphere is a good fit for the material and the backing pieces to create that mood are nice. In all, I'm comfortable with a pass though the flaws do tend to stick out.

YES

I like how the source was handled in this. It's used quite a lot, but it doesn't get overly repetitive. The militaristic drums work really well in the track, I think it adds a lot of emotion to the overall track. I also thought the pause near the end and the final slowdown were nice touches.

I agree that the leads are just a tad loud compared to the rest, although it doesn't bother me that much. Just a minor balance issue.

YES