Good Orchestration options?

I've been looking around trying to find some really descent Orchestration plug-ins or soundfonts, preferably free, I've found Syntheway Strings and Session Strings, both aren't free and my finances don't really support them right now, does anyone haveany good suggestions?

the instruments that come with fl studio for direct wave, did you try that?

If there is an orchestration vst that makes it into an orchestration that would be awesome and I'd almost pay anything for that, but no, I am looking for some really good sounds.

I'm not using FL, or haven't for almost 5 years now, I'm using Sonar. And I was never really too impressed with the sounds FL had stock

if you in desprat need of instuments then you have three options for a cheap solution.

1.Sample a Orchestration or instrument from videos or song and make a collection

2. or what the cool kids do wjo dont giva flying roflcopter 8-)8-).org

3. use what you have

if i were you i would pick from option 1 or 3:)!!

speaking of orchestra VST... what sound library, soundfont or whatever have the best/better brass sounds?

East West has lots of brass but sadly no saxaphone :(

speaking of orchestra VST... what sound library, soundfont or whatever have the best/better brass sounds?

What kind of brass / what's your budget? Westgate has a nice downloadable brass collection which I believe is primarily focused on french horns for less than $200. Sounds fantastic. If you want pop horns, try WIVI (Wallander Instruments) and SampleModeling. If you can afford to pay a little more, VSL has a full Brass I collection which is quite in depth, or a downloadable Epic Horns thing if you JUST want that big french horn sound.

What kind of brass / what's your budget? Westgate has a nice downloadable brass collection which I believe is primarily focused on french horns for less than $200. Sounds fantastic. If you want pop horns, try WIVI (Wallander Instruments) and SampleModeling. If you can afford to pay a little more, VSL has a full Brass I collection which is quite in depth, or a downloadable Epic Horns thing if you JUST want that big french horn sound.

i'm looking for both orchestral sections of brass for, well, orchestral pieces, and solo intruments for jazzy solos or ska brass.

As for budget, i'm looking for cost effectiveness, so as long as the price isn't outrageous, i don't mind having to pay a little more as long as the quality of the samples are as good as the price suggests.

Hmm... sounds like you might be best off with Wallander Instruments and SampleModeling sounds. Basically, they're synthesized brass (every instrument you could want) that sound very realistic. They are very expressive and give you a lot of control over how the sound is articulated. I'm not sure of any other libraries that would work really well for both orchestral and jazzy/ska styles. Check the demos of those out and see what you think!

If you don't like those, a few other libraries came to mind - "First Call Horns" (more pop-oriented) and "Kick Ass Brass". Here's the latter;