*NO* Mega Man 3 'Music is Hard, Man'

djpretzel

My second attempt at Mega Man breakbeat, and quite different from my first. This mix was inspired initially by the work of Disco Dan and McVaffe, and though it isn't much of an emulation, I would hope that the discriminating videogame remix snob would be able to recognize a few allusions to the aforementioned artists characteristic styles. Or not. Either way, it's got better samples than anything else I've released to the community and it's damn funky.

Also, Hardman looks like my groin.

Thanks for listening.

Shael Riley

Shael.Riley@gmail.com

the lead is way too faint. take off some verb, drop an octave, mix louder. any of the preceding would help. the bass needs to be bassier. boost the low, plz. the leadish thing at 2:00...again, weak...really just needs more punch, or barring that, more volume.

mastering is probably the biggest problem here. only one worth mentioning for now.

NO

Yeah, the lead is way too soft and it's so high on the scale that it contrasts extremely poorly with these thick beats. Fixer'up. The groove's decent, but the delivery is pretty bleh and plodding overall. Like Vig was saying, punch things up and so forth. The energy level just isn't there.

Also felt this didn't have much going on the development side either. 3:24 has some really basic panning effects going on, but was otherwise a very repetitive and flat way to finish it up. Just needs more creativity thrown its way.

NO

The thing about drumloops is, how good would your song be without them? Yea...

So this is a psudo-rearrangement of the hardman theme. Frankly I'd rather listen to the original. The notation in the remix is simply not as solid as the original was.

So yea, thats basically my problem. The sequencing isnt very well done. Beyond that, the samples and synths are pretty down there in the quality scale. Everything is rough and unpolished.

NO