Things Video Games Have Taught Us

DMaster

Apparently, a double agent CAN be the source of an epic debate (Metal Gear Solid)

Note: Ocelot wasn't a villian, in the conventional sense. <obvious spoilers>He pretended to work for Liquid Snake, but only to get the Optical Disc. He then worked for Solidus Snake, to keep an eye on him. In MGS4, he was never possessed by Liquid, this was just a ruse to fool the Patriots. He was a follower of Big Boss, so he was not a villain, at least not since MGS3.</obvious spoilers>

I've already listed this one and other similar statements with a blanket phrase.

And you should write this out as "furniture explodes when shot."

Damnit!!

8 pages - how could I have missed that?

How about this one:

Lawn plants & pots sometimes contain rupees & are replaced periodically so they're an abundant source of money!

Speaking of which:

Fable II:

If I want really cool-looking glowy eyes, the fastest way is to murder all the townspeople.

Unprotected sex invariably leads to an STD or a bastard child. And no, you cannot possibly keep your woman happy enough that she won't leave you.

Dark Cloud:

"Restore the world quickly!" But restore it in the wrong order and your neighbor will hurt his back, and refuse to sell you some things you really need.

Halo:

On-line players are frozen in time at the stage of pre-pubescence.

Mario:

Collect enough money and you can cheat death.

Only white, unshaven thirtysomethings with brown hair can go on adventures and save the world. Women associated with them are either for sexin' or rescuin', the black guy is there to talk smack hilariously, and anyone in their sixties is either their nemesis or their wizened instructor.

NO EXCEPTIONS.