*NO* Rad Racer 'Dueling Piano Mix'

djpretzel

Gotta admit, never would have suspected a solo piano mix of Rad Racer. Pretty decent, too. But no title, which isn't rad. - djp

Remixer name: raskol

emailaddress: jonathangeer@hotmail.com

website: (click on the music link Rad Racer is the first download listed)

Name of game ReMixed: Rad Racer

System: NES, Squaresoft 1987

Composer: Nobuo Uematsu

MIDI files: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/index-gr.html

I'm surprised nobody has ever remixed anything from this game. It has some great music!

Ha, Rad Racer. Something that the Brothers Chaps can be down with.

Not much to say here. Good overall, though I had problems with some of the stronger hits; 1:35 and 1:37 in particular sounded off. 1:40, 1:43. Um, ok. Keeps doing that. 2:07. 2:24-2:29 was a particulary grating/annoying area.

Dunno what the story is at all of those points, but they were all jarring and dragged the piece down. Not enthusiastic about the YES even though its sincere; just not an interesting piece to me personally, but it's objectively good enough despite the flaws I heard; too bad you can't just snap your fingers and fix 'em. Though not my cup o' tea, there was good development throughout to keep things moving and tons of ideas were explored.

EDIT: Lots of people complaining about those grating areas. Gonna go NO and expediate the process. Fix it up and come back for a YES, Jon.

Do you expect us to title your submission for you, or what? Oh, it's in the ID3 comments - Dueling Piano Remix.

Not sure if this is totally sequenced piano, but it definitely sounds run through a not so great font. The arrangement is good and contains impressive voicings, but it's not expressive. It hurts in performance. Many accompanying 'grace' arpeggios sound inappropriate and made to sound nice, and as mentioned, there are a few iffy and grating parts.

The theme is handled well, but the performance in this piece is lacking. I would like to see it either all recorded live, or sequenced with a solo piano font facilitating better expression.

NO

I'm almost positive this isn't a real piano. The "Staccato" sections are actually quite bad-sounding. Nothing at all like a real piano. Very electronic. As for the arrangement as a whole, after repeated listens, I find that it is a sufficiently diverse and dynamic arrangement to pass in that regard. However, I would need the loud, choppy staccato notes to be fixed before I can pass this. They're too glaring a snafu.

NO

Resubmit.