OverClocked After Dark - We're BACK! 01/18/14 - You can't handle it all

Level 99

So our first year draws to a close. I gotta say it has been one hell of a ride.

We treats headed your way in the form of Live shows partnered with long time friends Radio:Tha Sauce. Our 1-Year Anniversary has yet to hammer out an actual time and date but expect the announcement to come soon.

The other thing is the 2nd Annual OCADemy Awards. This is your chance to break away and actually play favorites with OCRs music, artists, and community. Unlike last year where apparently no one thought that nobody winning anything was funny, this year we are actually gonna have winners in actual well thought out categories that will definitely not be put up at the last second.

More info coming soon.

Thanks to our 1700+ listeners and to all our fans that have stuck by us this 1st year of our terrible show.

<3 David

So our first year draws to a close. I gotta say it has been one hell of a ride.

We treats headed your way in the form of Live shows partnered with long time friends Radio:Tha Sauce. Our 1-Year Anniversary has yet to hammer out an actual time and date but expect the announcement to come soon.

The other thing is the 2nd Annual OCADemy Awards. This is your chance to break away and actually play favorites with OCRs music, artists, and community. Unlike last year where apparently no one thought that nobody winning anything was funny, this year we are actually gonna have winners in actual well thought out categories that will definitely not be put up at the last second.

More info coming soon.

Thanks to our 1700+ listeners and to all our fans that have stuck by us this 1st year of our terrible show.

<3 David

I thought we had agreed on that whole idea of a marathon charity to help exploding kittens? You know, the one where we have a bear with a little hat riding a tricycle for four hours straight? No? Not going with that idea anymore?

I thought we had agreed on that whole idea of a marathon charity to help exploding kittens? You know, the one where we have a bear with a little hat riding a tricycle for four hours straight? No? Not going with that idea anymore?

Most bears I talked to declined. Gentle Ben, Winnie the Pooh, Yogi Bear, and Will Ferrel all said that we were out of our minds and it would never work.

Also; you need to start putting links to the pictures mentioned into your show notes. It's a piss off hearing about Dave's gay phone and then not visually confirming it's homosexuality.

I will try to go back and insert imagelinks into previous podcasts on our website, and will do my best to include them from now on.

This may be out of the blue, but what ever happened to Lauren, the OCR noob?

And more importantly, when shall the hallowed episode 5 be released?

To answer your first question: A number of issues resulted in us moving forward without the OCR n00b segment. Scheduling conflicts, availability, and a general still-getting-our-bearings-together situation meant that many of the things we started off with ended up getting dropped for the sake of a more focused show. I use the word focused here in the sense of what we cover and what we spend our time discussing. While our format is quite random, we do schedule guests and discuss things relevant to specific subject (OCR, remixing, video games, music, internet culture in-general). It's kinda the same reason we separated the direct interviews out into separate releases, along with the fanfiction readings for the majority of them. Heck, in Episode 39, you'll be treated to an episode where we ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT CURRENT EVENTS IN THE GAMING WORLD most of the time. Lauren's still out and about, doing stuff in the real world. I haven't talked to her in ages, though. From what I know, she is doing well.

To answer your second question: Oh, episode 5! We'll that will be released in

*NINJASMOKEBOMB*

smokebomb.jpg

To answer your first question: A number of issues resulted in us moving forward without the OCR n00b segment. Scheduling conflicts, availability, and a general still-getting-our-bearings-together situation meant that many of the things we started off with ended up getting dropped for the sake of a more focused show. I use the word focused here in the sense of what we cover and what we spend our time discussing. While our format is quite random, we do schedule guests and discuss things relevant to specific subject (OCR, remixing, video games, music, internet culture in-general). It's kinda the same reason we separated the direct interviews out into separate releases, along with the fanfiction readings for the majority of them. Heck, in Episode 39, you'll be treated to an episode where we ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT CURRENT EVENTS IN THE GAMING WORLD most of the time. Lauren's still out and about, doing stuff in the real world. I haven't talked to her in ages, though. From what I know, she is doing well.

Oh, okay. I was just wondering.

To answer your second question: Oh, episode 5! We'll that will be released in

*NINJASMOKEBOMB*

smokebomb.jpg

You can't hide from me forever fool! I shall search for thee to the ends of the earth! I shall neither rest nor slumber unt-

8O

OHHHH! SHINY THINGS!!!! *Jumps into his fanshmabulous flying machine and flies away*

I thought we were gonna just put them on the Website?

We were, but then a number of issues made that seem impractical, at least at first:

1) Kyle's is phpbb3 based, which is what we would have based ours around, so this way we get a feeling for how phpbb3 works and, if/when we want to, we can use that knowledge for our own deployment later on

2) Those forums already have both a userbase and a very good anti-spam system. Something Deven's said he's struggled with using phpbb in his forums

3) already present admin staff means we don't have to be available 24/7 to monitor things and keep things under control. less full responsibility for us while we still get free reign within the subforums to do things as we wish.

4) you and deven still get to be mods for the subforums

5) I already made you a TF2 subject thread :3

I can list more reasons but, as you can see, the benefit outweighs our frustration with having to install and configure and upkeep things ourselves at the moment. One day, maybe we'll get SELF-HOSTED dedicated servers, but we need to take baby steps to get there.

Edit: Oh, and a bonus number 6) This way, if the site OCAD site goes down FOR ANY REASON (not paid hosting, russian robot attackers, etc.), the forums stay up so we can give website status via things other than facebook and twitter.

Edited by Level 99

We were, but then a number of issues made that seem impractical, at least at first:

1) Kyle's is phpbb3 based, which is what we would have based ours around, so this way we get a feeling for how phpbb3 works and, if/when we want to, we can use that knowledge for our own deployment later on

2) Those forums already have both a userbase and a very good anti-spam system. Something Deven's said he's struggled with using phpbb in his forums

3) already present admin staff means we don't have to be available 24/7 to monitor things and keep things under control. less full responsibility for us while we still get free reign within the subforums to do things as we wish.

4) you and deven still get to be mods for the subforums

5) I already made you a TF2 subject thread :3

I can list more reasons but, as you can see, the benefit outweighs our frustration with having to install and configure and upkeep things ourselves at the moment. One day, maybe we'll get SELF-HOSTED dedicated servers, but we need to take baby steps to get there.

Edit: Oh, and a bonus number 6) This way, if the site OCAD site goes down FOR ANY REASON (not paid hosting, russian robot attackers, etc.), the forums stay up so we can give website status via things other than facebook and twitter.

Forums are installed on our site now.

Deven apparently didn't struggle that hard.

http://www.lemonsinseries.com/ocad/bbs/index.php

They are in Beta at the moment, Come help us test it out, but the ones on NGI are the official for now.

Edited by Brushfire

Your forums DO suck. It seems like that'd be popular for posting ridiculous and x-rated stuff without moderation. Is it something you expect a lot of people to use? There's not too many people who post in this thread regularly. I don't mean to sadden you, dear Hubbard, as I know you put your heart and soul into this forum. :-(

Also HAVE ME ON OCAD dammit

Your forums DO suck. It seems like that'd be popular for posting ridiculous and x-rated stuff without moderation. Is it something you expect a lot of people to use? There's not too many people who post in this thread regularly. I don't mean to sadden you, dear Hubbard, as I know you put your heart and soul into this forum. :-(

Also HAVE ME ON OCAD dammit

There is a forum for that. It is hidden from guests.

It's called Thunder Dome.

David, hopefully I'll have you paid back soon, just paid Connor back (finally) I'll work on the debt I owe you here within the next couple of weeks...I've got tuition to pay as well, so I may not be able to send large amounts of money, but I will get you paid back...

Also, if you need help with forums...I've been a Moderator/Admin before, and probably know the exact layout and operation of the control panel. I could help if you need it.