OverClocked After Dark - We're BACK! 01/18/14 - You can't handle it all

Level 99

Why doesn't the RSS automatically update when you post the podcast? You guys use Wordpress, right?

BECAUSE you have to upload an RSS XML file, and until I get the FTP information that I asked STEVE for a week ago, I can't do an update.

Also our wordpress isn't configured for that BECAUSE DEVEN.

Edited by Brushfire

BECAUSE you have to upload an RSS XML file, and until I get the FTP information that I asked STEVE for a week ago, I can't do an update.

Also our wordpress isn't configured for that BECAUSE DEVEN.

http://urbangiraffe.com/articles/how-to-install-a-wordpress-plugin/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/powerpress/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/podpress/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/podcasting/

You gotta talk to Deven bout that stuff, as he is the only one with that level of site access.

Also none of us seem to know where Deven is.

So there goes that.

You gotta talk to Deven bout that stuff, as he is the only one with that level of site access.

Also none of us seem to know where Deven is.

So there goes that.

/facepalm.

If Stevo has FTP access he can install everything and Deven just has to activate it and maybe configure it.

REAL question is: Why the fuck is Deven the only one with admin access? -_-

We need to migrate the RSS over to the new site anyway. I'll give Brushfire the FTP access info when I can get my hands on it (at home this afternoon). However we should definitely just get the RSS off of the other site since DEVEN IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

News to me, and my bad for being incommunicado this week.

Edit: Also, while we do have much fuller reign over 8bitx OCAD wordpress, we're limited to a version number due to the database on their web server. So we'd have to find a plugin that is compatible with the version of wordpress we're restricted to. I guess that means a nice weekend of research.

Edited by Level 99

We need to migrate the RSS over to the new site anyway. I'll give Brushfire the FTP access info when I can get my hands on it (at home this afternoon). However we should definitely just get the RSS off of the other site since DEVEN IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

Might I suggest using Google Feedburner? It lets you see stats for the RSS feed, like subscribers and number of file downloads and the like. It also allows you to distribute a static RSS feed address address, so even if your site itself has to move again, you just have to go into Feedburner and change it to point to the new feed, meaning minimal downtime for your subscribers if you ever have to migrate again. It also formats the XML to look all pretty and give tons of options for subscribing, provides various RSS formats for listeners to use based on their preference, and also formats the feed correctly for iTunes and podcasting in general, and will automatically parse any media in your posts for streaming or download straight from the RSS.

Of course, this does come with the downside that you'll have to distribute a new RSS address. Which you'll probably have to do when you move it to the new server anyway...

Although, it looks like you already have a feed on the 8bitx site, and it's already updating itself when you make posts: http://www.8bitx.com/OCAD/?feed=rss2

Edited by KyleJCrb

Episode 69 - American Pickles ~ And One For YOU

We’re a week strong into Drunken Podcast Month © ™ (pp) (llc) (inc) (cor) (ltd), so we decided to check in on a man who’s renowned for his heavyweightness when it comes to alcohol: Mazedude. This is a man who can drink a bottle of Goldschlagger and still be sober enough to pilot a blimp while doing Capoeira. How did it go?!

By the way guys, just wanted to point something out since I'm a much better nagger/whiner/troll than contributor/helpful fan...

Googling 'Overclocked After Dark' brings up the following results in order:

1 - Overclocked After Dark on lemonsinseries, episode 66.

2 - Overclocked After Dark on lemonsinseries, episode 50.

3 - Overclocked After Dark OCR Dead Forum thread.

4 - Overclocked After Dark OCR Active Forum thread.

5 - Overclocked After Dark on iTunes

6 - Overclocked After Dark Facebook Group

7 - Overclocked After Dark 'Official Video Thingy' on Youtube

8 - Overclocked After Dark tags on Nerdy Show

9 - The current OCAD site up to ep 69.