Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

atmuh

Speaking of voices, I'm largely pleased with the actors they got. Leonard Nemoy as Xehanort is winandahalf.

Based on reviews, I was really worried that Terra would be terrible, and his voice does have a somewhat annoying quality sometimes, but its really not as bad as I heard. Haven't played Aqua's mission yet, so I'll withhold judgement on Ms. Lander for now.

Melding may seem simple but holy fuck it's vast.

I finally looked up a list of all the commands and bonuses that can be applied to each, and it frightens the fuck out of me. They really aren't necessary though, I beat Terra's story with extremely minimal melding (because it scared me) and with Aqua I tried to do as much melding as I could without spending too much time running around leveling up, but I did a pretty good job I think. I can't decide if I want to just finish Ven's story, then go back and try and meld things and get all the treasure/stickers/other stuff I need to see the secret ending or if I should meld the fuck out of things first.

I really wanna see the secret ending, but I'm not prepared to do a bunch of stupid mini-games to get it, so if that's how it is, thank god for youtube.

I've been playing this game pretty much non-stop since i got it, and I'm through Aqua's and Terra's story. Currently on Ven's story. umm.........Aqua is pretty much the best character. There, i said it. Aqua would crush all of Terra's bosses(you know which one I'm talking about in particular). Otherwise, the three characters are just fun.

Ven still sucks.

I also like Aqua the best, I'm glad the final chapter is hers. I'm also glad I played as Terra first, because it made playing with everyone else so much better. The voice acting for hers was my favorite too, Willa Holland has an awesome voice.

At the end of all of this, there are still so many unanswered questions, it's getting pretty irritating!

They need to create a game or at least a short story, or something, about the formation of the organization and the experiments on Xehanort/Terra. There is no explanation as to how any of the members that weren't Ansem's apprentices at one point became Nobodies, but I bet it could be a cool story, and they clearly aren't shying away from making "side-games" for this series, so I wouldn't be shocked if they develop a title somewhere down the line. I was hoping for more about the organization in BBS, but I guess that just wasn't a priority. Maybe KH III will delve into it... who knows?

Does anyone else simply love the music in the Enchanted Dominion? I've had it stuck in my head for a week now, fucking brilliant.

haha. i just get annoyed since Ven fails to match Terra's/Aqua's damage output and he suffers from crappy block command. Who needs to dodge when you can Barrier Counter everything?

I try to run max Magic reload boost and hp boost, but i'm kinda lazy with Ven.

i had trouble with Terra, so i had to do some melding to fix his problem against his final story boss. I believe i ran 8 curagas since you don't need anything else lol.

which command style was your favorite? I loved Bladecharge, Ghost Drive, and Wingblade. especially Ghost Drive.

please no spoilers, i'm not done with Ven story and consequently, the final chapter.

Is this Kingdom Hearts game like the PS2 ones or is it more like the GBA card game one? >_>

The presentation and combat are very similiar to the PS2 version, but on top of the basic magic attacks (minus gravity), there are a bunch more, as well as a mess of special physical attacks (plus finishes, command styles, d-links, shotlocks....yeah, there's a lot you can do).

Basically, it's a more involved (and fun) combat system, but it does have a command setup slightly reminiscent of the card game.

Salvation at higher levels is basically the Unversed clearance attack. Not only will it take out the ones that spawned, but it's slow enough to take out ones spawning in too.

Edit: Just discovered Faith, which is actually better. It's faster than Salvation, and lasts about as long.

I'm a big fan of Ghost Drive/Time Splicer, not only because it looks cool but its Aqua's only mode that gives her better physicality. Ven's equivalent (Wingblade) is pretty badass too, when it comes down to it.

I don't know how I feel about sky climber yet.

In terms of combo finishes, i dislike Ven's. It feels like it just doesn't cover the same damage output as Terra/Aqua, and that the range is kinda weak in comparison to Terra's. Aqua's finish surrounds her and inflicts status effects which is beast.

The command deck i was using for Aqua would usually allow me to access Bladecharge or Ghost Drive easily. Bladecharge's finish isn't good enough. I felt Critical Impact was good, but Dark Impulse disappointed me, as I don't use Dark commands much. I have not gotten far enough with Ven to get more styles.

I usually just use Zero Graviga and link that with other commands to activate my styles. Mostly cuz i'm not using a guide and have no idea which commands can be melded.

okay so I finally bent and grabbed a copy of this

RemaPSP doesn't work on it D:

I can't use my awesome button remaps any more : |

edit: I take that back

RemaPSP does work on the fresh rip that I made but not on the version I got from BCG

edit2: I double-take that back

it doesn't work in the game itself wth

edit3: eff yes I found a new plugin that works