Vanquish (XB360/PS3)

Schwaltzvald

Noticed the demo was a new release on the PSN yesterday and going by what little I've heard of it I gave it a try.

I was rather impressed with how fast-paced it is as well as how it reminded me a lot of Casshern; or at least in style as I sure as hell couldn't chop my targets in half :lol: Hell I actually did not feel as overly invulnerable which is a strange feeling; very arcade-ish.

I will say though that the shotgun in it is one of the few in-game ones that actually felt satisfying to use imo.

I however did have a Fist of the North Star moment though when I tried the barefisted melee... Look at 3:27 in the first link to see what I mean.

• 1 month later...

I played the demo as well, was pretty cool. Now that it's released I've been considering getting the game... then I heard all these rumors of how short it is.. around 4-5 hours and 2+ hours of cut-scene material with almost no unlockables. Question is: Is it worth full retail I price.

I say nah lol.. 30$ sounds about right.

Back to finishing Okami for the first time in my life, already 16 hours into that game lol.

Where did you find it for that much?

Unfortunately, if you can't get games from China, It wont be much use to you. But here's the link:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8005774205

Normally the stores from this Chinese ebay-type site sells games at 50-60 bucks. Similar to US, because they import etc. So I was surprised to see Vanquish from one seller at this cheap price.

Well I got it just because you get vanquish & a game from a list of games at Kmart, You get 30 bucks of the two and a 20 coupon for your next buy.

So it's LIKE 30 dollars...

I would of waited for the price drop as well, yet it was made by the guy who made God Hand, so I really bought it just to support him. But I'm glad I did, I've only been able to get an hour or so in. But it just makes me feel like such a bad ass. I've gotta say getting it w/ that Kmart deal is worth it. Oh and I chose ps3 castlevania as my other game.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274278