Opeth vocals :3

Brandon Strader

Hi

I need to practice, so I'm gonna be 'singing' along to some Opeth songs and recording it. I'll then have mp3s of this and tracks with just my vocals in them. They'll be practice vocals, but vocals nonetheless. :3

Just posting this for two reasons;

(1) Requests, if you want to hear mine on a certain Opeth song, or heck, any song for that matter, let me know. I'll post an mp3 with my added practice death vocals on it. :3

(2) Educational purposes; anyone wanna learn these techniques, post your own recordings, or listen to my vocal tracks by themselves is free to do so upon request. Ask any questions you may have about extreme vocals. :3

If there's interest in this, please post, so that when I come to post an mp3 it's not a double post. If there's no interest I'll probably just keep them to myself.

In retrospect, I probably should have started this thread under Guides & Tutorials

Two things first Opeth's singer does actually sing and so should you

second branch the fuck out and try different songs from different performers and different styles of music so you don't end up making a bunch of crap nobody wants to hear.

You don't know my music, so why post? :3

I have plenty of work with clean vocals.

The point of this is to help people learn metal vocals. :3

sing Bleak, death and clean.

Now this guy knows what's up. :o!

Those cleans... well they're a little out of my range but I tried. :-P

http://www.tindeck.com/listen/rync

I didnt realize I'd be having company come over or I would have done it again, etc.. this is first take type stuff.

harpy brothday :-o

I'm interested.

Will you only train you/us with death metal vocals or will you make other types of metal vocals (like power metal, etc.)?

You could request it and I'll try to help you out with it. I've got some russell allen type vocals to do in the near future, I'm actually practicing up for that in particular. I haven't practiced in months. I'll find a Stratovarius song that doesn't go too far out of range for me and try to record you some power metal vocals. :-P

Something.... sounds off.

His sound way more chesty than yours do I guess.

Thought not bad on the whole for the death vox.

Cleans: Not bad tone buuuuuutttt...

I can tell your problem just by listening. MORE DIAPHRAGM SON. Seriously, if I can sing this on a bad vocal day (which I can now) then you should be more than able too. But your definitely singing from your throat, and trying to stay quiet.

lol on the falsetto. haha

If you put that through a guitar amp, sim, it'd be sweet.

The lower parts sound much more natural, I bet you totally could pull if off if you put more power behind it with your gut. Also, it helps your pitch

I have a request too! Something from Harlequin Forest, just a verse or two is fine. =D I'd also like both clean vocals and grunts. Thanks!

ITT Brandon wouldn't know good music if it slept with his mom.

This is probably just an inside joke, but so help me, you'll have to face all the powers of Hell if you're saying Opeth's not good music!

you should listen to everything Cyril just said notrollin

Yeah, I was trying to be quiet with the clean vocals :3

I typically get that way whenever I'm expecting people to show up out of the blue. :3

Also the diaphragm stuff, I gotta practice that. That's the whole point of this. :-) I'll do Harlequin Forest next, but it'll have to be tomorrow or something when nobody's home.

IMG_1601.jpg

This is my studio.. right next to the outdoors, there's where the window broke above my midi keyboard. The neighbors can hear me but I was more concerned with the company. They came while I was making vocal noise anyway and it was embarrassing. :3 Notice the microphone on the mini-tripod, haha.. that's what I used. I didn't want to rip down the boom stands that have SM57s in them on the other side of the room aimed at the amp. :-o

This is probably just an inside joke, but so help me, you'll have to face all the powers of Hell if you're saying Opeth's not good music!

ferret's just a troll :3

Cool idea. Took a listen to the Opeth one. The growls were okay. Probably sound better when mixed in with the music rather than just layered on top. The cleans... were amusing... lol. Sorry.

Anyway... I kinda wanna request something by Blind Guardian, or Sonata Arctica, but I figure that'd just be evil...

So, "Terminus (Where Death is Most Alive)" by Dark Tranquillity. Yeah.