Music identification help?

Namo

I'm making a remake of this fan-game I found, and it has a soundtrack made out of midi's from video games. There's 11 tracks total.

Here's the problem: I can't edit the original game's source so I can't just take the original Midi's from the game and use those. So, I had to track down the Midi's from vgmusic and such.

But, there's two tracks I just can't figure out what they are. :banghead:

So, I figured, why not ask a forum dedicated to Video Game music? I've recorded the two tracks with Audaicity, so if it's not too much trouble, could someone give them a listen and see if they know what they are?

http://www.mediafire.com/?an5pangc0jnm214 Here's the first Track

and

http://www.mediafire.com/?3j9fh1lu81rgs6b The second track.

I would greatly appreciate your help!

Sounds like something from one of Alex Kidd games, though I could be wrong.

Where did the other tunes come from? The ones you've identified, I mean. Maybe these two are from the same composer(s), from the same game/games or from the same consoles.

Trust me, they aren't. The other tracks came from games as obscure as Snow Bros to more well known games such as Super Metroid, and one was even from the Gameboy version of Megaman 2.

First track is from Mega Man Wily's Revenge on the Gameboy, second track I need a little longer on. By the way, these are horrible midis....

Thanks a bunch! And yeah, they are horrible. They'd probably sound better if they weren't secondhand recordings.:lol: