Super Mario Bros. 3 - Bloopers in the Deep

DarkeSword

Definetely agreeing on the Paper Mario connection, it sounds really funky! This one goes into my standard collection ^_^ Have you subbed this piece? I'm not an expert but I think this makes a good chance of getting accepted :D

[EDIT] It IS a bit on the short side, though, probably because the intro takes way too much time. And for one reason or the other I expected mroe epicness... Make it longer pretty please? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love how the utter quirkiness blends seamlessly with the traditional dance music second half. Flawlessly mastered, or so it sounds to my novice ears. Awesome mix.

Just for my own edification, I've got an open question to anyone who knows the answer: At 1:14 when the dance-y stuff comes in, how was that filter swept & gated instrument that made in terms of its waveforms? Is it just a noise wave? I'd love to know how to make one of those.

I've got an open question to anyone who knows the answer: At 1:14 when the dance-y stuff comes in, how was that filter swept & gated instrument that made in terms of its waveforms? Is it just a noise wave? I'd love to know how to make one of those.

You're pretty much spot on, those woosh sounds are made by filtering white noise.

As to the mix itself, it's an interesting take on the theme (especially nice instrumentation) but I would like to see some more development in terms of melody/harmony. The best part to me was the build-up towards the dance section, but the other parts felt pretty static in comparison. Good production, I'm guessing the bass/drums being a bit more subdued is more of a deliberate choice than poor production.

I love how the utter quirkiness blends seamlessly with the traditional dance music second half. Flawlessly mastered, or so it sounds to my novice ears. Awesome mix.

Just for my own edification, I've got an open question to anyone who knows the answer: At 1:14 when the dance-y stuff comes in, how was that filter swept & gated instrument that made in terms of its waveforms? Is it just a noise wave? I'd love to know how to make one of those.

any or most synth symbals or whisle are usually made woth white or pink noise(pink noise if you have the mini moog), you can even make them on drum machines or find them in house sample packs.

you can never get tired of white noise ;)

It's just some filtered white noise with an automated cutoff freq.