- Remy Gibson

- aweberman@yahoo.com

- <no relevant website>

- <no userid on forum>

ReMix Info

- Mega Man X

- Armored Armadillo

- title of remix: Impenetrable

- From the first time I heard this song in the game, I loved it. To me, it always sounded like it should be played with horns, so that's the primary emphasis of this remix. Of course, the tools of today are better equipped to produce this sound than the SNES was.

- As another note: I read over the guidelines for submission and spent an hour looking for a program that would make the ID3v2 tags, but was unable to find one. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

- Also: I had to squeeze space on my webhost to fit this file in, so I don't intend to leave it up forever. Once you copy it to your site (if you choose to do so) I'll likely take it down.

- And yes, the accent marks (acutes) are part of the name.

Remy Gibson

Yikes. The vox is a cute idea, but the movement from note-to-note sounds so unnatural, and I could barely grasp the connection to the Armored Armadillo theme until the transition into the MIDI horns at 1:04.

Pretty beginner-level MIDI work. The harmonization was pretty awkward sounding as well. Doesn't do much other than MIDIfy the original with poorly executed support/harmonization ideas.

The sax at 2:16 was at least something different, if not effective, along with the French horn at 2:35 and the tambourine at 2:53. You obviously tried, but this still doesn't do much to expand on the source material. Prot loves the MMX soundtrack, so we're all sure he'll YES this due to personal bias. Form rejection all the way.

NO

the theme is there from the beginning. unfortunately the vox sound like a buzzard choking on rancid meat.

the drum groove made me laugh when it came in. startlingly inappropriate.

OMFG WHERE"S THE BASS? did i miss it?

the soundquality is just not acceptable. it's GM.

i heard a few bad notes as well, and the arrangement really doesnt do much above the original.

I listened to it one more time fo tha bass, but it just wasnt there.

NO

The choral voices are sequenced horribly, start and stop. Drums are tinny and cheap. Much inattention to key as the theme finally comes in. Some interesting horn work, but the poor sample quality and paltry accompanying instrumentation just kills it.

Pretty much sounds like a crappily made midi. Wait a second... did this whole song just fucking loop? What the HELL NO