*NO* Legend of Zelda 'Three Minutes Fairy Tale'

djpretzel

Contact Info

ReMixer name : AberBot

Rreal name : Javier Veliz Benzaquen

email address : starlightodc@hotmail.com

you can find my song here :

I created this song using some Zeldas part.

the archive is called Dungeon

I did this song because ive always played videogames and i had the idea to take a trippy meloy and mixed with the kind of music i hear now, so i did it, i hope u like it.

I did it using my pc (azid, fruity loops)that was all.

bye

Not a bad concept. I actually like the effects done on the percussion, and you have a good minimalist-sounding groove here.

When the source tune comes in at :28, it's got some decent understated bass action that picks up in volume a little bit moving toward :37. Cool move.

Good minimal style going on with 1:12, along with the melody at 1:16. Admittedly, I was put off by the thinness at first, but the choices here are purposeful and seem to click; a lot of the elements seem to come together fairly well. The overall texture isn't great yet, but it's not bad.

The style change at 1:31-1:35 was too jarring, if only because it was too high in key compared to the majority of what you've got; also the last note at 1:33/1:34 didn't seem to flow correctly into your next verse. I also felt the countermelody from 1:54-2:09 was too shrill. Might wanna reconsider the sound choice there.

Good stuff going from 2:09-2:14. Unfortunately, with such a nice transition type effect on the chorus, I was looking for you to bust out in a new direction to keep things fresh, rather than relying on very minimal countermelodic additions/layering to convey a sense of development.

I felt the synth coming in at countermelody at 2:14 actually didn't mesh so well with the other sounds you were using towards the end. It sounded a lot better on its own, like from 1:16-1:30. There's that shrill dealie again from 2:33-2:47. Yeah, that's not working.

Good start, Javier. Works pretty well for a sparse, trippy sort of track, so you don't really need to change how sparse the sounds are; just develop the rearrangement aspect a little further. Add some slight variations to your percussion patterns to keep things moving a bit more, and work a few more ideas with the source material's arrangement within your 3 minute timeframe. The nature of the arrangement coverage pretty much stayed the same throughout from 1:35 until 3:00. Prime stuff for a resubmit if you're willing to put a little more effort in. I saw lots of potential, myself. Maybe some others will like it more.

NO (refine & resubmit)

Lots of random, incoherent original material here not tied to the theme. What does relate to the melody through harmony and actual accompaniment is cool. This mix is very sparse; sfx and looping instruments do not a sonic texture make. Well, they can, but it'll be a cheap and thin one, like we have here. Serviceable concept that requires better execution.

NO