Game: Contra 3 - The Alien Wars

Publisher: Konami

System: SNES

Track: Stage 1

Composers: Miki Yanagisawa / Masanori Adachi / Tappy Iwase

Remix Name: "Dystopian Future"

Link to music:

SPC File: http://www.zophar.net/music/spc/contra-3-the-alien-wars.html

Comment: This is my all-time favorite video game music.

I remember playing that game as a kid and being totally

blown away by it's soundtrack.

I really like the cool harmonies and the 7/8 beat -

This begged for a insanely fast jazz-band version. Although

everything's been done in the box, I wanted it to have that

"live"-feel as recorded in a jazz club.

# Your ReMixer name: dannyshock

# Your real name: Manu Gerber

# Your website: none

# Your userid: 33504

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, very nice. Definitely captured that live-feel; still very intimate.

Structure follows the source closely, but lots of nice piano playing, and the percussion really has a lot of great things going on; really feels organic. Great addition of hand percussion; subtle and effective.

Great percussion breakdown at 2:14, very hot.

This is short and sweet, and definitely makes a point. I like this a lot. Not a fan of the fadeout; I could see this building to a tight conclusion. Still, not terrible.

Very nice track. YES

WARNING!! A third ass-pat incoming regarding that percussion - awesome stuff.

The piano is really nice, and the entire arrangement has a lot of infectious energy. I am loving it. Great voicings, some subtle backing organ, and prominent but very personalized source.

The production was solid, and the room sound was pretty authentic.

The fade out totally defeats the purpose of it sounding like a live recording, as a live band could never get away with something like that, but it's just a minor spot on an otherwise amazing rendition.

Yes

You picked a fantastic source tune! I was a little worried at the very beginning of this mix because it was already in the same key and tempo, but thankfully the level of variation and personalization was enough to assuage my fears.

I'm really digging the arrangement, and despite your using all sampled instruments they sound quite organic. When the bass came in the first time, I felt warm and fuzzy inside; it really fills in the frequency range, and sounds pretty badass to boot. The percussion (fourth ass-pat incoming...) is extremely well done. You have quite an ear - possibly even two?! - for detail.

Why, oh why, did you choose to do a fadeout though? ;_; I don't think it would have been hard to come up with a short, snappy little ending. Build up the dynamics over a few measures, and go out with a "pa-POW!" You know? Oh well, I wouldn't turn this away for that reason because it's really my only qualm.

Great work. Hope to hear more from you, Manu!

YES