Dream Theater

Brandon Strader

You all know by now that Mike Portnoy left Dream Theater. The band has also announced that they are going to continue on without him, and are going to work on a new album. Who do you think could take over as a drummer for DT, not necessarily replace Mike..?

Make some guesses and see if any of them come true when the new drummer is actually announced...!

My two guesses would be Blake Richardson or Ed Warby. *shrug*

This thread was totally made for me just to post in it.

Anyway, I'm severely worried about DT's future. Sure, there's plenty of good drummers, but will any of them have the same musical impact that Portnoy himself had? I wonder.

Also Tensei's comic pretty much summed up my reaction, except it was on facebook I found out.

This is horrible news.. HORRIBLE.. Portnoy's departure to me, is like saying: The band is dead. He was the ultimate drive within the band.

Oh-well.. looking forward to seeing what Portnoy does next.

EDIT: Alright now I am PIST OFF.. I just read Portnoy's own words on the Dream Theater site.. I read this: I honestly hoped the band could simply agree with me to taking a bit of a "hiatus" to recharge our batteries and "save me from ourselves". Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings and have decided to continue without me rather than take a breather.

FUCK the guys in Dream Theater I say... cold F'n bastards!

This is horrible news.. HORRIBLE.. Portnoy's departure to me, is like saying: The band is dead. He was the ultimate drive within the band.

Oh-well.. looking forward to seeing what Portnoy does next.

EDIT: Alright now I am PIST OFF.. I just read Portnoy's own words on the Dream Theater site.. I read this: I honestly hoped the band could simply agree with me to taking a bit of a "hiatus" to recharge our batteries and "save me from ourselves". Sadly, in discussing this with the guys, they determined they do not share my feelings and have decided to continue without me rather than take a breather.

FUCK the guys in Dream Theater I say... cold F'n bastards!

Sucks, but it's a business. Dudes gotta eat. I'm sure everything will be just fine.