Dream Theater

Brandon Strader

i'll be honest when i say that the reason i listed to dream theater is for portnoy and petrucci. with portnoy gone...that's a big deal, for me.

Well, Dream is Portnoy's baby, so don't be surprised when he's back in the band 2-3 years later after his hiatus.

At least that's what I'm hoping. OR he will start a new project that will bring something fresh to the prog scene.

I'd imagine he might want to get back, unless he's too heavily involved in other projects, but would the band want to kick out their replacement drummer to get Portnoy back in? Would he be willing to commit to the intense schedule that the rest of the band seems to want, even after a hiatus? Hard to say.

I think Danny Carey of Tool would be a good fit for Dream Theater.

I'd actually prefer to see a new talent rise up to the challenge. I know about a crazy drummer from Oslo Norway who hasn't come very far yet in his musical career, but he plays Dream tracks like crazy. And he pulls it off very smoothly. Imagine how many great drummers that are out there that are yet to surface.

Anyways, I think Phil Rudd from AC DC would be a good choice. His drum licks are... perfectly pulled off. lol

Here's me hoping Dream Theater wont go from:

train_of_thought.jpg and iaw.jpg

to

1918_01.jpg