*NO* Battle of Olympus 'Journey to Phthia'

djpretzel

ReMixer Name: Kaktuar

Name of game ReMixed: Battle of Olympus

I scrapped my Pelopenessus remix after it didnt even make it to the panel and I realised there was allready one based on the song on the site. Here is my second submission, this one is significantly more arranged and higher quality then my previous effort.

*note: the filename will come up as AssetFile.mp3. No way around this and im sure you are able to rename the file 'when' it makes it into your music library.

The piano in this sounded odd, like the sample had just been stretched. The way the strings are being held out in these extra long notes in annoying, especially when they sound like this. When the drums came in, they were really muffled. Add some strange can't-tell-what-instrument-it's-meant-to-be up and down running note arpeggiation thingy, and repeat twice.

NO

*note: the filename will come up as AssetFile.mp3. No way around this and im sure you are able to rename the file 'when' it makes it into your music library.

Yeah, that was annoying. It was downloading as AssetFile.aspxsdfasfaspx

These are very unnatural tempo increase and decreases, the sequenced piano especially affected. In fact, the piano just sounds bad throughout the whole arrangement. It sits there dumbly repeating the same notes. Kills it.

Now that you've made it to the panel, the next step is to write an engaging arrangement and get a YES.

NO

Didn't like the bad-sounding keyboard sample introing at :13. The wind instrument joining in at :30 was also very flat in tone and poorly done. The strings you had "beneath" those other two instruments actually were too loud rather than in the back (like accompaniment of this nature is meant to be) and managed to crowd the piece.

Ack. Really muffled/reverbed/flimsy-sounding drums came in at 1:03 and the wind lead is so so weak, it can't carry the task of being your primary melodic instrument in any way whatsoever. It's weak on one hand, poorly articulated on another, and almost grating on a third hand, which normal people don't have.

What was up with the note choices from 2:17 onward? Not dissonance, just poor note choices. 2:45 in, and I'm frankly kinda hurt that this is going on for another 2 minutes. 3:07-3:31, you're just rehashing the same structure you had at 1:03. The sounds practially never change here at all, which is only a negative when they're so poor here. The tempo changes were a good idea wasted on this poor execution of everything else.

The ending at 4:46, which should have been a gradual fadeout, abruptly cut off. Bah. Bland as hell on the execution; poor sounds, no energy. It was a chore to listen to this, and I don't say that often.

NO