OCR02092 - Final Fantasy V "Lore of the Ancients"

djpretzel

Great creative work from Sebastian, awesome textures and counter melodies, and the new rhythms and effects really feel like some sort of madcap mage is off in his own world. I really like the quasi-string synth that comes in at 1:13 and punctuates the phrase. Solid breakdowns, transitions, and dynamics round out a really strong arrangement, and of course AeroZ's sonic signature is unmistakable.

Really fun track, check it out. :-)

Sounded really reminiscent of another AeroZ take on one of the source tunes, to the point where I was having some serious Deja Vu, until I realized that yes, I had heard this before.

Not really a knock against this particular track, though. This accomplishes what it sets out to do quite deftly, can't really complain. Well, I could, but there's nothing really glaring out in this track. The lack of direction is quite intentional, the quirky and sometimes contrary sounds used very deftly channel the madness of a Blue Mage.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maaan. I really need to just go and check out more of AeroZ's stuff; I always find it super catchy, but then never bother to download it.

I've really loved this melody, ever since I took the time to start playing the game. This electronic take on it really *clicks* somehow. Nice job again, and hope to hear more FF V awesome from you again, soon!

The source, Deception, is a pretty short song. I'm always really impressed when a remixer can take a source that's really short and work with it and evolve it into a full song. That sort of thing doesn't always work out as sometimes it gets repetitive or you get a bunch of filler that isn't related to the source, but I don't find that to be the case here.

This is really catchy, and I love that it evokes the feel of Final Fantasy V, if that makes sense. If the game were ever remade, I think this would fit in perfectly.

Big thumbs up to AeroZ, a name I hope to see in every Final Fantasy project henceforth. :D

Wow, this mix starts out feeling very retro SNES and develops into something much much more. I love the strings that start around 3:00, they really help to flush out the melody. The imagery is very strong, and I could definitely tell the kind of off-kilter character you were depicting. Good mix!

Unfortunately, I can't say this immediately appeals to me. Don't get me wrong, it's not that the song is bad. Hardly. It's definitely well-structured, and it's got a neat funk. But only pieces manage to really capture my active interest. Lore is probably one of those songs I'll have to repeat a few times to appreciate because I can't immediately tell where it's going.

I always like to have my mind stretched though, so thanks for more free music, AeroZ. :-)

• 1 year later...

I can greatly appreciate the difference in styles between Sixto's and AeroZ's arrangements for this. Seems more like a low key and sneakier take on the source, and I really liked the how this ReMix progress from the intro on. EmptyClaw said it best, it's very playful and mysterious. Very nice.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02092 - Final Fantasy V "Lore of the Ancients"