OCR02094 - Final Fantasy V "Gentle Fist"

djpretzel

Right on, Darkesword! Celebrating the Lion Dance at New Year sounds like a whole lot of fun.

I'm absolutely loving this mix! The texturing and layering of the samples is fresh and interesting. Great choice of distinctive samples you've used, and the sample quality from that Ra pack sounds very nearly authentic. Delighting in the spirit of the whole thing. You've triumphed again!

I don't know what's more amazing. That DS routinely makes amazing mixes with free sounds and FL Studio presets, or just how awesome he can make a mix using new sounds.

Either way, this is quite stunning. I love how it is constantly evolving, and really does take the source in a direction I would never have thought of, or guessed. I remember when I first played the game, this track really did strike me as relatively boring, and quite dreary in comparison to the rest of the soundtrack and the overall aesthetic.

This really does capitalize on that melody though, I love the sound choices here. Definitely feeling the DS style of cascading sounds, never really building up to a climax but never feeling short of energy either.

Approve.

Though there are some close seconds, but this mix is my favorite from the album. DS handled the delicate theme perfectly with the leads, while setting the stage nicely with the backing instruments and percussion. Probably my only gripe is it feels a bit rehashed near the end, so it probably could've been a bit shorter or switched up for the last take on the theme.

Still, a great song that I'll be listening to for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OMG, this could have came straight off the Okami soundtrack. <3<3<3

I'm in love....

I'm not picking up the "training montage" vibe from it. I suppose its cause I've always associated training montage with You're the Best Around or Eye of the Tiger.

But definitely this just feels just so right for the Theme of Monk.

One can just feel the power and strength of the melody. The word that keeps coming to my mind is "unbreakable". There's strong, powerful moments in it, but it's never up in you're face about it. It just feels so calming yet vibrant; like I mentioned before it's like a slice off the Okami soundtrack. I can definitely hear this being played as Amaterasu races across the land.

• 1 year later...

Sounds like the perfect ReMix for a martial artist training feeling combined with FFV sources. Very Eastern feeling and I thought the song went through enough changes to keep the interest going. Really love that ending. So, not only am I impressed by this great ReMix, but hearing that DarkeSword knows Dragon Style Kung Fu is pretty cool, too. Great stuff, man.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02094 - Final Fantasy V "Gentle Fist"