Mega Man - The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle - Album Edition [Cancelled]

DarkeSword

EDIT: Killing this due to lack of interest/response.

This thread is for the organization of the album release of tracks from this year's Grand Robot Master Remix Battle.

The album tracklist will be built as follows:

- Any track that won a round in the main bracket will be on the album

- Every one of the 16 participating remixers will be allowed to have at least one track of his choosing on the album (so even if you didn't win any rounds in the main bracket, I still want you on the album).

- I'll also be picking my own personal favorites from both brackets if they're haven't already been chosen.

For the album release, I'd like to give artists the chance to make any small revisions and tweaks they'd like to make. Competition tracks were generally given only one week for completion, but since this is an album release, I'd like for artists to be able to make their stuff is the best it can be. For remixers choosing non-winning tracks, your tweaks and revisions need to bring the track up to a baseline level of quality.

In addition to the album release, I'd also like to include ALL of the original, unrevised, unedited competition tracks as a part of the BitTorrent distribution; this includes the Champion and Revenge brackets.

Here's a list of the main bracket tracks that are confirmed to be on the tracklist.

Artist Veto

Fixes requested by DarkeSword

Fixes planned by Artist

Track OK

A2 - Cerrax - Slothrazor Strings (Metal Man vs. Time Man)

B1 - Neblix - The Galactic Jungle (Galaxy Man vs. Slash Man)

C1 - zircon - High Pressure System (Tornado Man vs. Stone Man)

D2 - Cyril the Wolf - Refrigerator Magnet (Cold Man vs. Magnet Man)

E2 - Sixto - I Shoot Flower Beams! (Plant Man vs. Wood Man)

F2 - GeckoYamori - Fire Drill (Ground Man vs. Heat Man)

G1 - WillRock - Time Stopper (Flash Man vs. Cut Man)

H1 - OA - Submarine Volcano (Bubble Man vs. Magma Man)

A1 - Cerrax - The Space of Blades (Metal Man vs. Galaxy Man)

B1 - zircon - Daft Drafts (Tornado Man vs. Cold Man)

C2 - GeckoYamori - Botany Was A Crime In 1989 (Ground Man vs. Plant Man)

D1 - Willrock - Flash Bubbles (Flash Man vs. Bubble Man)

A2 - zircon - Tornado Man Goes Clubbing (Tornado Man vs. Metal Man)

B1 - GeckoYamori - Flash the Funk (Ground Man vs. Flash Man)

A2 - zircon - Charge My Shot Up (Tornado Man vs. Ground Man)

Remixers, please let me know what additional tracks you'd like on the album. Once we finalize that, I'll go through all original competition tracks and pick my faves. Please also let me know if you want to make revisions for any tracks already listed, or if you feel the track is "OK."

Mixer requested tracks:

Willrock:

Treasure Hunter (Flash Man Vs Ground Man)

Mechanical Flair (Flash Man Vs Metal Man)

Cyril:

Cold Tornado

Cerrax:

Steel The Wind

Neblix:

Latin Starflake

I would rather my first round (Slothrazor Strings) not be on the album. It is a truly embarrassing track :P

If at all possible, I'd rather have my third round sub (Steel The Wind) because that one is obviously much better.

Also, I may or may not feel up to completely re-doing the guitars in Space of Blades. It would be a bit of a task, but I think the mix would benefit from it. If nothing else, I do want fix the mixing levels, since the track is severely squished.

Tempest Roil, Haista Vittu Trombi Mies, and Electro-Flash. None of those have been mentioned.

I know I'm not a remixer, so perhaps I shouldn't request specific mixes. In that event: I simply, and humbly, DEMAND THEM.

Very much looking forward to the album release.

I still don't understand the guidelines for these revisions. I'd ask you IRL, but I'm sure others have the same question.

What exactly does "revisions" mean? How much are we allowed to change?

Like if a track has poor production all over, can we like totally redo all the instrumentation and elements? Or are we only limited to fixing up mixing & mastering, and are not allowed to modify the arrangement at ALL?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...