I Can't Stand Ke$ha!!

saxman

...but I LOVE her "Your Love is my Drug" song. My thoughts:

Anyone else have this guilty pleasure of actually liking such crap? I mean, I don't like anything she does, but this sounds so '80s to me, and it's just so darn catchy. Is this where music is heading? Is it all starting to become good again (I'm talking pop music)?

You know, I really liked "Tik Tok," and there have been a handful of other pop songs in the past that I enjoyed and couldn't understand why.

Then I realized I just liked Dr. Luke: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke

Also, used to think she was hot, but I saw some paparazzi pics of her somewhere and her makeup really takes her a long way.

I listen to J-Pop every now and then and a few anime openings (along with Touhou mixes), but other than that I usually try to be a bit more "refined," i guess you could say.

As my one pal put it

"Every now and then our tastes have bad days"

But no, Kesha is utter garbage, through and through.

Kesha is absolutely horrible. Disliking Kesha but liking some of her songs is like saying that you don't like donkey shit but like to grab a pile of it and smell it up close when nobody is looking.

She can't even sing. Even the WORST singers from a site that remixes video game music can easily outperform her. Even after her "voice" is filtered through autotune twenty times over, she still sounds like ear-rape. Do not support this drivel, do not try to glorify it, and don't post such mindless brain-garbage in the holy haven that is overclocked remix.

Edit: And I used to hate artists because they were only in it for the money - Now we have these "artists" that are in it for the money and don't even try to make a good album. Hell, Debbie Gibson could run circles around her, and her music was utter shit.

Bubblegum pop. Chew it up, enjoy the taste for a bit, and then spit it out.

+1.

I don't know, while I love it when auto-tune is abused consciously, something about Ke$ha just really annoys me. I think it's like Lady Gaga - while I don't hate her music, I don't find the persona in the least bit appealing.

On the other hand, her stuff is still catchy as hell.

Holy shit is that a number muncher avatar?

Oh God that brings me back to my grade school days....

I'm old. Kesha wasn't even a stain in her Dad's pants when I played number-munchers, which I vaguely recall playing in grade school. Ugh, Kesha is very bad people, come on we can do better than this.

Who is Ke$ha and why should I give a crap.

No, seriously, artists just seem to come out of fucking nowhere these days. I didn't know or give a crap who Justin Bieber was until like a month ago, and now I see his face and hear his music EVERYWHERE. This seems to be another example of that. Also, in response to the music.... BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I hope you are referring to Chicago's infamous Disco Demolition riot, when Comiskey park back in the 70s decided to stage a rally during a White Sox game and as a promo they told everyone to bring their disco LPs and vinyls so they could blow them up in the middle of the field, and when they finally did blow up the disco LPs, the crowd which was mainly comprised of drunk and rowdy teenagers stoned to high heaven decided to riot and storm the field, cancelling the baseball game in the process.

I really hope you were referring to that.