OCR00607 - *YES* Guardian Legend 'Rosenthorne'

m68030

shnazy?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. shnazy?

[00:48:44] <The_Wingless> psst, you up?

[00:50:24] <The_Wingless> anyways, I hope you get this when you come back online

[00:50:56] <The_Wingless> I was talking to Pretzel, and he okayed it if I submitted a song to you over the mIRC

[00:51:06] <The_Wingless> it sounds like a scam, I know, but you can check with him

[00:51:29] <The_Wingless> Anyways, because of a lot of technical problems, I couldn't post it on my mirrors in order to properly submit it in the usual OC fashion

[00:51:36] <The_Wingless> that's why this little transaction is necessary

[00:51:42] <The_Wingless> anywhore... here's the song

[00:51:46] <The_Wingless> Enjoy, and I'm out

I just don't think I can say yes in good conscience on this one. But that's mainly because I haven't heard it yet. 25% done... come on...

40%

half done... I wish this was like mirc where you can play the song while it's downloading. 2/3... now it's halted at 2/3... still 2/3...

hmmm... OTHER transactions are still moving... well shit.

Guess I'll review this later.

ok it finished this time. I guess I'm gonna say yes on this one. Despite the the dominant minor chord, which according to the original should be major. And it'd be one thing if a whole chord progression overhaul was going on, but since it's not, it seems wrong. But other than that, the rest of the song sounds well done. Well thought out, even the key change, which is kind of rough, but done successfully. And he managed to change key with all the instruments and didn't forget any. Yeah I'll give it a yes.

DC

One tip: when sequencing guitar chords, try offsetting the the notes a little to simulate a strum. I think that would make the guitars sound a bit less 'hard', if you know what I'm saying. Also, the mix could have used a slightly deeper reverb, especially in the beginning part. But despite those, I thought this was a well done mix. Very relaxing.

Well this song is pretty cool, very pretty and nice. I don't know anything about minor chords or major chords, or.. chords in general, heh. But I know what I like, and this definitely fits into that category. Good stuff from Wingless, always. Can't wait for Pretzel to post his Aphrodite Oceanus *hint hint* it's quite amazing itself.

Definite Yes from me.

One tip: when sequencing guitar chords, try offsetting the the notes a little to simulate a strum. I think that would make the guitars sound a bit less 'hard', if you know what I'm saying. Also, the mix could have used a slightly deeper reverb, especially in the beginning part. But despite those, I thought this was a well done mix. Very relaxing.

Agreed - at time it sounded like an electric piano as the notes were dead-on quantized. But still, good stuff.