OCR00363 - Ninja Gaiden II "Sprinting Riffs"

Saunders

• 1 month later...

The second to last level has 3 random songs when you start it; this is one of them.

Also, as constantly as I download NES remixes, I'd easily have to put this in the top 10. It'd be better if there weren't so many MegaMan 2 ones, but that's BubbleMan for ya.

• 2 weeks later...
Ninja Gaiden 2 'TheParasprinterNG2X'

More upbeat than most of Kaijin's stuff, I wonder how much he had to do with this mix really. This mix made it onto my 3rd or 4th OCR-CD. Some impressive electric guitar work and cool background tunage, this is an overly excellent tune. Recommended.

to be honest, I didn't do most of the work on this. I worked on the drums here and there and did the background ochestration. The rest was done by my good friend Eric Hache http://www.gamemusic.ca

I'm glad you liked the track though, as it was one of my childhood favorites.

The second to last level has 3 random songs when you start it; this is one of them.
Yes, but it also appears earlier in the game, stage 3-2 to be exact (the tower after the lightning flash level). Anyway, I love this mix. Simply awesome cover of an already awesome tune from an awesome game. Hmm, I used the word "awesome" a little too much. Doesn't matter. Well done and highly recommended.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NICE! VERRRY NICE!

i love this track :)

and i first heard it in a video made by the stunt people called stuntblade alpha (neo-modus.com/stuntpeople)

i was suprised to hear it was ninja gaiden remix posted here(don't know ninja gaiden 2 too well so i didn't recognize it).

major thumbs up

wicked track

• 1 year later...

A galloping Rhythm section and tight leads with a bit of orchestral goodness? Sign me up! The track was well produced, though I would have prefered the Strings to have a little more bite to them; the attack is too slow for this driving style of music. Other than that, there isn't much to complain about. The guitar performance is good, and there is a ton of energy.

This one is going on my workout mix.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The energy of the entire mix works really well with the melody. Live instruments are always a plus, so this one definately retains its quality after all these years. I'm a little dissapointed that the mix is basically two repetitions of the same thing, but I'm willing to overlook that as it is a good melody to listen to twice.

• 2 months later...

I always did like this song - not something I normally expect from EgM or Kaijin, but damn it's hot. The somewhat repetitiveness works perfectly for the way the song is arranged - I think I would find another way to end it than just a fadeout though, that's kinda cheesy. Otherwise, love it even today, which is great for such an old mix.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00363 - Ninja Gaiden II "Sprinting Riffs"