OCR01250 - Secret of Mana "Tidal Sequence"

djpretzel

Beautifully done!!

The synths are what really stood out for me(I love synths).

I loved the piano alterations in regards to the original SOM melody.

The Transition at 3:33 is very moving and reminiscent of major motion picture scores.

This is by far one of the best,if not,the best SOM remix created.

Couldn't have asked for a better way to end my night.

9.7/10

nice work. totally not as good as protricity's manbeef on rainbow street though. or fowl jive.

anyways. i'm totally digging the synths and the drums. and what is that at 2:23? nice touch. i like how you worked in the stuff and crap. overall nice arrangement. best orchestral arrangement i've ever heard. god i love that distorted bass. i love that DnB! when the song started picking up again at 4:19 i thought i was listening to DJ Megamansonic for a second. the dancy bits around 5:27 are awesome too. ps: i didn't know you played guitar!

I particularly liked the guitar stuff that was going on up until 0:40. (Though it was still great all the way through!) Everything is really well produced. Actually, by coincidence, the song I'd listened to before this new one happened to be DJP's own "Castlevania 4 House Party". Quite the transition. :wink:

Excellent work! My desire to give in to EBay's high prices and own a Secret of Mana SNES cart has now increased furthur than I thought possible.

This mix makes me glad to be a Seiken Densetsu fangirl, and that I never ever sold my cart from the day I got it, which was about two-three weeks after it came out.

What can I say except WOW.

This really brings me back to my childhood.....well I didnt have a childhood more like a gamehood....but anyways. I loved the tune from the original game ever since I first heard it and now look, I had to become a member just to say WOW and BEAUTIFULLY DONE. This is the reason I got into working with music and musicians in the first place. Keep up the good work and I guess I will be hanging around here a lot from now on.

Awesome...It has been a long time since I've heard something that just made my mind flow with imagination on this site...no offense to any other well-done remixes.

I especially love the synths, the piano, and the very crisp and clear guitar that comes in near the beginning and end.

Excellent work. Bravo.

When DJP does electronica/orchestral (okay, when doesn't he :P) you know the results will be good :) Some of the volume levels seemed a bit odd to me... the skipped notes in part of the melody did too (just cuz I was used to hearing it the other way). But the variation made up for that. I like the solo around 2:30ish though. Fade-out was a bit too long.

I think it coulda used a bit of extra production (which is usually your strong suit), but not bad :)

4 out of 5 nice works!

There's portions of this that are inspired by the score to The Piano, and I think of the overall style bearing some similarity to some of what GrayLightning's done, which is hopefully taken favorably.

I definitely can hear some similarity with my style and definitely reminds me of Nyman's The Piano score *a favorite of mine*. The original was always one of my favorite themes, I can say your arrangement definitely does justice to the original and more.

Exceptional technical work Dave. Love the tonal combinations in this mix. Production is stellar. I love the largeness and yet at the same time, intimacy of the mix (I'll have to ask you later about what reverb you used here ^_^). Enjoyable, sophisticated and definitely my favorite mix of yours.

nice nice. I loved the SoM game too. Too bad my bro let his friend borrow the cartridge and then the guy moved away with it -_- that b@st@rd..but anyway. Yea, I love DJP's mixes and I love orchestrated stuff. Dang, haven't seen an SoM remix in a while, or maybe I just forgot, meh. Well I'm gettin off track again so I'll just end it here. Nice arrangement :P

Everything from 2:31 on is so sweet it just makes we wanna cry.

It's a fact, djp, that I typically don't like your work. Akin to CotMM, I usually just don't agree with your style (production values, overall quality of work, etc are never in question).

This, however, is a fantastic mix. It may be your best work.

9.7/10

Honestly, I didn't like the first :45 seconds. But as the orchestra picked up and the piano came in, it started flowing. 2:09 is amazing!! Hmm... that wishy washy tidal sound effect really bogged it up for me.. too staticy.

Overall though, I agree, this is in the top of all your mixes. The liberties taken in adding some freestyle worked perfectly. Majestic, enlightening, and fit the theme as it should have been done long ago.

DJP, this is amazing - it is instantly one of my favorite remixes I have heard on OCR. You've given McVaffe a run for his money! Excellent work, I'm glad you were able to find time to work on this masterpiece. It's obvious that you enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you.

It's songs like this that show that music does indeed evolve. I would personally put this down as one of the OCR greats.

As has been mentioned, nice piano (and transition) at 3:33 :) Makes me think of Hollow Bastion in Kingdom Hearts. And that weird thing at 1:40 that lasts for like two seconds - I don't know what it is, but I like it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01250 - Secret of Mana "Tidal Sequence"