Problem while exporting in FL Studio

Chernabogue

I've a little problem while exporting my song: when I hit the button "Export", FLS shows me a message "Out of memory", the program kinda "freezes" and I just can't export the track.

I tried with different exportation formats (mp3, wav, etc.) but nothing works.

The only way to export the whole thing is to delete some instrument tracks and then export, but as the VSTs need long time to launch on my computer, this is a big waste of time...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Well, the OS you have also influences how much ram actually works, if you're using 32 bit XP, you can't use the same level of ram as with Vista or 7.

Kinda sorta? 32 bit on both wouldn't use the full 4 GB (as prophetik says), but wouldn't it have even less available on 7 or vista considering the actual OS takes more RAM?

I would suggest upgrading to 6 or 8 GB of RAM and installing a 64 bit OS if the VST loads are this much of a problem.

Also, call me crazy, but why in the world would you avoid certain VST's if you have them?! I understand if they were free, but if you bought them and avoided them what's the point of spending all that money for them anyway? I'm assuming these VST's that clog your memory are sample sets, and expensive ones at that.

Kinda sorta? 32 bit on both wouldn't use the full 4 GB (as prophetik says), but wouldn't it have even less available on 7 or vista considering the actual OS takes more RAM?

I would suggest upgrading to 6 or 8 GB of RAM and installing a 64 bit OS if the VST loads are this much of a problem.

Also, call me crazy, but why in the world would you avoid certain VST's if you have them?! I understand if they were free, but if you bought them and avoided them what's the point of spending all that money for them anyway? I'm assuming these VST's that clog your memory are sample sets, and expensive ones at that.

Guys, keep in mind for FL specifically, there's an available RAM limit. If you're using the regular FL exe, you're limited to utilizing 2 GB of ram for your project. If you have a 64-bit OS, you can use the "extended memory" FL executable, which will allow you to use an extra gig of ram.

Adding more ram isn't going to help him, but upgrading to a 64-bit OS and using the extended memory option should.

Chern: can you post more specs for your computer?

They wouldn't necessarily be sample sets. Some decent synths can take up 50 MB or more of RAM; use 20 of those and they add up quickly. Decent sample sets tend to be larger anyway; my electric pianos are each around 50-100 MB.

You'd avoid the VST because a) Just because you have it, doesn't mean you *should* use it (i.e. use what's best for the project, even if it's free or cheaper, and don't use everything just because) and B) Who wants to put tens of hours into a project and have a misbehaved plugin prevent the project from loading? I'd rather acknowledge that my host has issues with a particular plugin and leave it at that.

i'm always surprised by the number of people claiming that 4gb isn't enough for big files. i mean, i realize they don't know that FL uses a 2gb or 3gb limit depending on if you use the switch executable or not, but still, i've maxed out FL studio once. if you're using more than that, just render a track out as an mp3 and use that instead of the memory-hungry vst that you're using.

not to mention fl 9.5 has way better performance with limited resources.

but yeah, OP, you've gotta be using like if you've got VSTs that use 50mb a piece, you're using like 40 instances of them to max it out. get simpler :<

seriously, though, your issue is likely related to the 2gb limitation that FL has. use the 3gb switch .exe in your FL directory, and you should be able to render.

edit: you all know that image-line has a program that allows you to disable corrupted plugins outside of FL on your .flp files so that you can load a corrupted file, right? it'll just open that channel as a sampler or something.

i'm always surprised by the number of people claiming that 4gb isn't enough for big files. i mean, i realize they don't know that FL uses a 2gb or 3gb limit depending on if you use the switch executable or not, but still, i've maxed out FL studio once. if you're using more than that, just render a track out as an mp3 and use that instead of the memory-hungry vst that you're using.

Well, before I upgraded to a 64-bit OS, I would toe the line on 2GB with 4-5 instances of EWQLSO in an average orchestral piece. And that's with DFD streaming on. 4 instances of choirs alone can easily far exceed 2GB, depending on which Multi sets you load.

I guess orchestra would be the exception, though, with so many patches open at once.

RAM is still an issue; the 9.5 upgrade still will make use of RA but will do so for better performance, not for strictly having audio data in memory.

Also, that has no bearing on VSTs and how those are loaded into memory, and unlike audio, VSTs can't be streamed from disk. So if you're hitting memory problems because of your VST-based sample library, no one can help you other than the makers of that particular plugin.