Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors

DarkeSword

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm gonna step on all of the toes, and steal the glory of posting about the return of FF5 Water :lol: It's coming back guys, for real! DarkeSword announced at MAGFest that the music was done!

Look at that, haha! Two years between this post and the one a couple posts up from me... :)

@Sagnewshreds it might! The release date for FFXV is being announced on March 30th at the Uncovered event, we'll see what happens!

3 hours ago, Brandon Strader said:

I'm gonna step on all of the toes, and steal the glory of posting about the return of FF5 Water :lol: It's coming back guys, for real! DarkeSword announced at MAGFest that the music was done!

Look at that, haha! Two years between this post and the one a couple posts up from me... :)

@Sagnewshreds it might! The release date for FFXV is being announced on March 30th at the Uncovered event, we'll see what happens!

Whoooooaaaaaaa now that's a big deal. I always just assumed this project would fall to the wayside. The music is already done though? That's so awesome!

Music's done for WATER. Finished it last week. I wanted to be able to announce it's done at MAGFest.

What I need to do now is put together the visual identity for the albums. I'm considering redoing the artwork for WIND and coming up with a better look that I can use across the series.

11 hours ago, Mirby said:

This is great news!

Now we can wait another 5 years for Part 3: Fire :P

Alright. Is it out of your system? That's the last time anyone gets to make that joke.

10 hours ago, DarkeSword said:

Alright. Is it out of your system? That's the last time anyone gets to make that joke.

You better name that album "Mixtape" cause people already know it's Fire

Here's a fun story that I remember. Waaay back at, it had to be MAGFest 9. It was my first time meeting anyone. I talked to DS about the FFV albums and how I wasn't on the first one :lol: and he was like well, we might be able to find a spot for you on "Earth" which should be out in a year or so (or however long it was planned to be at that point)... I remember thinking yess I am so lucky, I will be able to make a FF5 tribute, I loved FFV on the SNES. It's the only SNES FF I ever finished and really liked.

Soooooooo I dunno the point of the story. Maybe just to be like Oh yes, one day I will be on you, Earth! Maybe. Haha. Things change with time. I went through a loooot of phases between 2009 and now. Insane to think it's been almost 10 years (2019!) 

On 2/23/2016 at 2:38 PM, RiverSound said:

WOT!! So is this, like, actually gonna happen now? Pretty sweet timing, I gotta say. I'm right in the middle of my second playthrough of FFV. 

So what's the game plan for Fire, Darke? Start with a clean slate or will you be getting back to some people who might have had.. something to do with it

There are one or two claims that are still being carried over. I'm going to only be doing one track each for the remaining three volumes (the prelude themes).

So I guess I should start getting people for FIRE, but I'm not opening up the claims yet. I need to write up descriptions for the classes/characters so that people have something to work off of.

But I do want to take this opportunity to put my plan for one of the tracks out there. FIRE will feature Gilgamesh as the enemy character, and of course, we're going to have a Battle on the Big Bridge remix. For this track, I want to gather eight musicians to form a VGM-rock supergroup called The Eight Arms of Gilgamesh. I want the BotBB arrangement to be very dense and really take advantage of having eight musicians playing together. I think it would be cool to have a really big, epic kind of rock arrangement that's a bit different from what The Black Mages and other bands have done in the past. I don't have a full eight musicians in mind and haven't contacted anyone about it yet, but I do have some names on a wishlist for the roster: sixto, Brandon Strader, OA, SnappleMan, and Ivan Hakstock. If there are any rockers out there who are interested in coordinating this and taking ownership of the arrangement, speak up.

I'm on board for being a third wheel, or an 8th arm, or what have you :lol: Though the other people you listed are probably better "soloists". But I can play bass and Sixto sold his. /winning

I don't know what your plans are, but I wouldn't mind tackling a similar mix on my own. Orchestrated rock. If you're going for "fire", maybe something fitting. 

Whoa that sounds amazing. I'd be down to be one of those 8 arms, but seems like that would already be a pretty stacked lineup. I just did guitar on a giant collab with Snappleman for DoD too haha. This would be cool because I'm basically already committed to arranging tracks on other OCR albums that I'll be working on for the next couple of months. That makes being a small part of a big collab sounds pretty swell. I'm a n00b to the scene though.

Either way I'm already way excited for Fire and want to hear this haha.

45 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

Gilgamesh has 8 arms but how many legs does he have? Just curious... 

Wait, wouldn't you pick 4 people if it was 8 arms? Or each person is more like a branch?

I just went and had to bring math into this. 

Don't overthink it. Each musician would be one of the arms. The idea of Final Fantasy's Gilgamesh having eight-arms is pretty iconic, and I really like the way "The Eight Arms of Gilgamesh" sounds.