Final Fantasy V: The Fabled Warriors

DarkeSword

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

Since I can't reply to the Announcement thread, and there's no Album thread yet, I'll post this here: the torrent link on the Water page currently points to the Wind torrent file.

Apologies for the lack of QA that apparently transpires in OCR staff in general. We'll get that fixed soon!

Hey folks. Sorry for the false alarm earlier today with the April Fool's joke. Some people seem to be assuming that because we did a joke today about the album, this entire month of my saying that the album is done was just a lead up to the joke. If you know me and my opinions about April Fool's Day, you know that I have very strong opinions about doing any part of an A1 joke outside of April 1st. Rest assured, Water is done in terms of both music and album art.

Speaking of album art, take a look at what we've got cooked up!

front-cover-no-catalog-600.png

And here's the tracklist!

back-cover-600.png

I've been working with @rnn who's our wonderfully talented album artist for For Everlasting Peace, Super Cartogrpahy Bros., and Apex 2015: This is the Moment, to completely revamp the visual look for The Fabled Warriors. Volume 2 is going to be a stepping off point for this series in terms of art. After Water is released, we're going to go back and redo the album art for Wind to match this new style; it'll feature Bartz on the cover against a "windy" backdrop and a wind-inspired circular pattern. The next three albums (Fire, Earth, and Dawn) will feature Faris, Galuf, and Krile.

I want to thank @Otakatt and @Monobrow for their help with the original album art for Wind all those years ago. I had a specific idea for the series back then and we executed on it really well. But given some distance, I've decided I want to change up the look of the series and make things consistent throughout. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway look for the real release of Water in the coming weeks. It's all coming together. All that's really left is some preparation stuff on OCR staff's side; trailer, comments, etc. Thanks for being patient.

On 4/1/2016 at 6:42 PM, DarkeSword said:

Hey folks. Sorry for the false alarm earlier today with the April Fool's joke. Some people seem to be assuming that because we did a joke today about the album, this entire month of my saying that the album is done was just a lead up to the joke. If you know me and my opinions about April Fool's Day, you know that I have very strong opinions about doing any part of an A1 joke outside of April 1st. Rest assured, Water is done in terms of both music and album art.

Speaking of album art, take a look at what we've got cooked up!

front-cover-no-catalog-600.png

And here's the tracklist!

back-cover-600.png

I've been working with @rnn who's our wonderfully talented album artist for For Everlasting Peace, Super Cartogrpahy Bros., and Apex 2015: This is the Moment, to completely revamp the visual look for The Fabled Warriors. Volume 2 is going to be a stepping off point for this series in terms of art. After Water is released, we're going to go back and redo the album art for Wind to match this new style; it'll feature Bartz on the cover against a "windy" backdrop and a wind-inspired circular pattern. The next three albums (Fire, Earth, and Dawn) will feature Faris, Galuf, and Krile.

I want to thank @Otakatt and @Monobrow for their help with the original album art for Wind all those years ago. I had a specific idea for the series back then and we executed on it really well. But given some distance, I've decided I want to change up the look of the series and make things consistent throughout. I'm pretty excited.

Anyway look for the real release of Water in the coming weeks. It's all coming together. All that's really left is some preparation stuff on OCR staff's side; trailer, comments, etc. Thanks for being patient.

Dang you for proving me wrong about proving someone else wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I had no idea about the FFV: Wind album until the Water album dropped on 4/1/2016.  I found the remixes for Wind were fantastic, with Bartz' Theme / Ahead on our Way being the best new (to me, I suppose) remix I've heard in awhile.  
I was listening to the (April Fool's version) Water album and am like, "wow, this version isn't...great."  With it being free, I'm like, "well, I guess I got what I paid for."  I know that's cold, but there's a certain level of quality I expect from the remixes here that was totally lacking with this album.  I'm soooo thankful that it was a joke and that DarkeSword and crew have the real thing lined up shortly for release!  

14 hours ago, Sagnewshreds said:

For some reason I don't really think of OLR as being joke songs so much as the website being a parody of OCR. The music that I listened to on there just seemed like lower quality, but still reasonable remixes. But yeah that probably counts.

Fuck it bring back VGMix

Not the thread for this discussion dudes.