Halo Reach

Jhawk

i mean i know that ocr is generally too snobby to recognize such a "mainstream" game

lol wut

I've never heard of anything like that

anyway, I only got a 360 in the last couple weeks so I'm still working through the earlier games. thus I haven't gotten to it yet

dang though if there are still preorder copies skulking around, I'll have to check my local places

I already finished the campaign on Heroic. Good, but extremely predictable. Oh well. Nobody plays Halo for the single player anyway.

All the standard multiplayer stuff is there. Theater Mode is exactly the same. Forge is even more complicated than the last attempt, but they get points for trying. Firefight is ridiculously fun.

I thought you only played fighting games JHawk :-)

I probably won't be getting Reach anytime soon. I enjoyed ODST for a bit, but I'm just not much of a Halo fan.

your right this game is going to be a stress reliever for me from Street Fighting

BUT it not working. I played thought the Campaign all day yesterday and some of the missions are the same thing over and over again and went about 50% of the Campaign and (didn't save) so i gotta play it ALL OVER again. i was so mad:banghead:

lol wut

I've never heard of anything like that

naw, he's totally right. a game like scribblenauts will get WAY more 'publicity' on this forum than a game like halo reach, even though every publisher on the planet would draw a hammer and bash in mr. scribble's head if it meant they could get reach on their publishing lineup. it's the definition of a cash cow.

think about it this way. halo is considered the definitive experience on a 360, similar to how halo and then halo 2 was the definitive experience on the original xbox. when they shut down the live servers for the OXB, literally the only game getting more than single digits of players was H2 (which had a thriving community still, five or six years after release). halo 3 multi has been in the top three for playtime on live since it came out in late 2007 (i think, when DID it release?). reach will likely be one of the most-played shooters on live until the next xbox comes out, in three years or so.

and, the reach thread on OCR had two pages as of the day of release, while trash like nier has more.

That's a pretty bad example since 95% of the Nier thread, before Darke cleaned it out, was people complaining about how low content the OP was.

Also I may be mixing up Remod's response to Reach with OCR. Most of us were pretty pumped up for it. Checking our thread, we have 177 posts in it, but it was started in February. But then again, people around here are pretty bad at sticking everything in the same thread. (of course I think this is a stylistic difference between us and people here prefer everything subdivided into every conceivable division per thread)

and, the reach thread on OCR had two pages as of the day of release, while trash like nier has more.

the reason behind that is because outside of a few select games like tf2 wow hon or sf4 i guess ocr is not very social when it comes to online gaming and usually has a hard time organizing games

Halo Reach is Game of the Year.

funniest thing I've read on this thread by far :lol:

Seriously though it looks interesting but no PC version = no interest. Ever since they left the PC it was pretty much easily forgotten by the PC gamers except for the diehard fans finding ways to make private servers for the older games... as well as the machinima folks...

Ok, Teammate AI is really starting to grate my last nerve.

You can't let them drive a truck because they will most certainly drive you head first into tanks, giant huge pockets of enemies, or my personal favorite, RIGHT OFF A FUCKING CLIFF. To compound it, you cant let them gun either. Instead of shooting the biggest threat, they choose to shoot the closest one. Normally that is not a bad strategy, but when the closest enemy is a grunt that is just far enough behind a rock to not get hit, IT CAUSES YOU TO DIE. Also they dont shoot unless the reticle would be green to them. So when they are a zillion miles away from a tank that would normally blow the shit outta you, but the tank isn't firing, they will just sit there. AND NOT SHOOT A GODDAMN THING. EVEN THOUGH THE GAUSS RIFLE HAS INFINITE RANGE.

Also they have a nasty habit of not moving. Ever. Forcing you to flank and get lit up like a christmas tree, despite the fact that they can't die.

The AI can't prioritize enemies either. 3 Elites are sitting there in wide open space, but they will just sit there trying to hit THAT FUCKING ROCK GRUNT AS HE SITS BEHIND HIS ROCK EATING A FUCKING ALIEN SANDWICH!

FUCK THIS GAME!!

Other than that, this game ain't bad.

Ok, Teammate AI is really starting to grate my last nerve.

You can't let them drive a truck because they will most certainly drive you head first into tanks, giant huge pockets of enemies, or my personal favorite, RIGHT OFF A FUCKING CLIFF. To compound it, you cant let them gun either. Instead of shooting the biggest threat, they choose to shoot the closest one. Normally that is not a bad strategy, but when the closest enemy is a grunt that is just far enough behind a rock to not get hit, IT CAUSES YOU TO DIE. Also they dont shoot unless the reticle would be green to them. So when they are a zillion miles away from a tank that would normally blow the shit outta you, but the tank isn't firing, they will just sit there. AND NOT SHOOT A GODDAMN THING. EVEN THOUGH THE GAUSS RIFLE HAS INFINITE RANGE.

Also they have a nasty habit of not moving. Ever. Forcing you to flank and get lit up like a christmas tree, despite the fact that they can't die.

The AI can't prioritize enemies either. 3 Elites are sitting there in wide open space, but they will just sit there trying to hit THAT FUCKING ROCK GRUNT AS HE SITS BEHIND HIS ROCK EATING A FUCKING ALIEN SANDWICH!

FUCK THIS GAME!!

Other than that, this game ain't bad.

Nobody plays Halo for the single player anyway.

10 char :P

funniest thing I've read on this thread by far :lol:

Seriously though it looks interesting but no PC version = no interest. Ever since they left the PC it was pretty much easily forgotten by the PC gamers except for the diehard fans finding ways to make private servers for the older games... as well as the machinima folks...

Decent point. But to be fair, if it came out on PC, we all know people would bitch and moan about how it's a lame console FPS on the infinitely more awesome PC... and how it pales in comparison to PC FPS A or PC FPS B. Halo feels right on console. Pacing and controls are finely tuned for a gamepad, and it just feels right.

I'm not that far into it, I've been busy the last few days, but the game is awesome from what I've played so far. It's Halo... and it's probably the best Halo out. I adored Halo 1 and 2. Halo 3 was great, but the level design irked me (worst. campaign. opening. ever.) and I didn't like the game till Tsavo Highway. Halo Reach, I'm loving. I love what it is, and I love what it stands for. And Marty O'Donnell... wow oh wow oh WOW. I've never, EVER been into fully orchestral scores for games... the more movie like, the more boring and uninteresting I find them. With the exception of the Halo games. Gorgeous, stirring melodies, sweeping sounds and an awesome mix of genres. The Halo games are known for their music, and Halo Reach may be right up there with Halo 2... outstanding :D