Halo Reach

Jhawk

This game has a habit, like most Halo games, of artificially lengthening fights in it.

Me: Oh sweet, I just a had an exhausting fight to free a guard tower from covenant control. Lemme flip the power switch to complete this objective and move on to the next area!

Halo: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....... *SPAWNS ANOTHER FUCKING ENEMY WAVE FOR NO REASON*

Me: ....

FUCK THIS GAME!!

I wish the Evade ability was in the campaign. I don't think I ever found that ability among the many scattered among the maps. I ended up always using Sprint unless a Jet Pack was required. The Evade ability is really awesome (hence why it's probably not in the campaign). Drop Shield is cool, but there's only a few times I've really needed it. Same with Armor Lock. They're temporary solutions to a permanent problem. Honestly, the Sprint ability is your best bet when under heavy fire, because enemies can still enter the Drop Shield and you can't move at all when in Armor Lock and the enemies are smart enough to stay away from the shockwave it sends off. Sprinting behind cover and reloading/waiting for shields to recharge is the safest thing to do rather than throw down temporary cover. There's enough health packs scattered around that the Drop Shield's healing is rarely useful (unless you play co-op, then it is only slightly more useful).

evade is elite-only.

drop shield is awesome, but armor lock is excellent, and probably the most useful in campaign where there are tons of stickies/tank rounds flying everywhere. saved my life countless times. sprint is ok, but you're still getting shot.

Armor-lock makes you a sitting duck on any difficulty above normal. Drop-Shield and Hologram are the only one worth a damn in Campaign.

Armor-lock makes you a sitting duck on any difficulty above normal. Drop-Shield and Hologram are the only one worth a damn in Campaign.

huh. it saved my life quite a bit in solo heroic campaign, and particularly in coop legendary and firefight (where you can hunker down and get help from teammates).

i must be doing it wrong or something.

Anyone try a SOLO legendary run yet? Heroic was challenging (not terribly hard), and I think that I could handle most of the game on legendary but there are a few parts that are keeping me from even attempting it from the fear I might stroke out. Such as the very end when you are supposed to take over the huge cannon, and there are about five elite zealots guarding it.

Controller. out. window.

Anyone try a SOLO legendary run yet? Heroic was challenging (not terribly hard), and I think that I could handle most of the game on legendary but there are a few parts that are keeping me from even attempting it from the fear I might stroke out. Such as the very end when you are supposed to take over the huge cannon, and there are about five elite zealots guarding it.

Controller. out. window.

I did Legendary on solo from the get-go. There are some parts that will have you trying probably 10-20 times, but it's all about finding the right strategy and hoping the enemies aren't ridiculously lucky. Their aim is so good is laughable at times.

Just play it safe. Hide behind cover, often. Any long range weapon should be your weapon of choice(DMR, Sniper rifle, long range combustion weapon that I forget the name of. It's similar to the DMR). The magnum is also ridiculously good.

The final area almost had me screwed over. I tried to run past the last 2 Elites to the cannon to see if I could just wing it, but they kept killing me while in the gun. This was my checkpoint too, but after about 5 deaths, the game reverted me automatically to the checkpoint before that. That was cool.

Master Chief survived, didn't he?

I never played the campaign for Halo 1 or 2, but I'm pretty sure Master Chief wasn't alone through the whole campaign in Halo 3. :P

I did Legendary on solo from the get-go. There are some parts that will have you trying probably 10-20 times, but it's all about finding the right strategy and hoping the enemies aren't ridiculously lucky. Their aim is so good is laughable at times.

Just play it safe. Hide behind cover, often. Any long range weapon should be your weapon of choice(DMR, Sniper rifle, long range combustion weapon that I forget the name of. It's similar to the DMR). The magnum is also ridiculously good.

The final area almost had me screwed over. I tried to run past the last 2 Elites to the cannon to see if I could just wing it, but they kept killing me while in the gun. This was my checkpoint too, but after about 5 deaths, the game reverted me automatically to the checkpoint before that. That was cool.

I never played the campaign for Halo 1 or 2, but I'm pretty sure Master Chief wasn't alone through the whole campaign in Halo 3. :P

He was in the Flood lair level. :P

Well, then I guess Master Chief is just better than the Noble Team. :P

Speaking of Master Chief, did anyone catch his easter egg? I remember reading about it, but I totally forgot about it. Probably got lost somewhere in the frustration during all of my failed attempts in the Legendary Campaign.

Controller. out. window.

I did it. 360 Gamerscore at the end of the game.